Daniel 7:4-5

Mar 20, 2013
✟10,374.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Daniel 7:4-5 King James Version (KJV)
4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.
5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

Daniel 7:4-5 New English Translation (NET Bible)

4 “The first one was like a lion with eagles’ wings. As I watched, its wings were pulled off and it was lifted up from the ground. It was made to stand on two feet like a human being, and a human mind was given to it.
5 “Then a second beast appeared, like a bear. It was raised up on one side, and there were three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. It was told, ‘Get up and devour much flesh!’

New English Translation (NET) NET Bible® copyright ©1996-2006 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. Welcome | NET Bible All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

4 This is similar to the vision Ezekiel had in the Ez 1. This mythical creature is known as a griffin. Lion always symbolized strength and power often times the symbol for kings. Eagles are quick and swift. This symbolized Babylon. This shows what happened would happen with Babylon, they would fall but still be strong but be overtaken.

5 The bear symbolizes the Medes Persian Empire which overtook Babylon not long after Daniel would have said this to the king of Babylon. The Persian would end up being the greater part of the empire over the Medes. The three ribs refer to the people they conquered Egypt Babel and the Lydians