Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I had a sweet experience at a playground I brought my little sisters to when I was goofing around dancing and doing acrobatics, and then a little girl we'd never met before sweetly copycatted me. :D I shared this on Facebook (with the permission of the girl's mom) and am still getting comments on how cute she is:

Lol, I love how the little girl is trying her best to stand on her hands but doesn't realize you're supposed to lift up both legs. Glad she didn't try that though, could have turned out badly.

• Haha
Reactions: Boring
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I tried hundreds of time to stand on my hands as a kid. I could only go it for a few seconds.

I remember a girl in my class back in the 3rd grade could walk all the way from the classroom to the cafeteria on her hands. I should find out what happened to her, if she joined the circus or something.

Upvote 0

Blessed Each Day

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2017
Georgia
✟69,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I always had rhythm and like dancing (I call it groovin) if something good comes on, it's great cardio and a leg workout. I dated a girl who was part-Cuban and she showed me some salsa, and I love the movement. I want to take some swing classes at some point, that's a lot of fun.

Reactions: BlueAshSky
Upvote 0

BlueAshSky

Winter is Coming
Apr 20, 2017
MI
✟16,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I always had rhythm and like dancing (I call it groovin) if something good comes on, it's great cardio and a leg workout. I dated a girl who was part-Cuban and she showed me some salsa, and I love the movement. I want to take some swing classes at some point, that's a lot of fun.

Salsa is sooo much fun. Learned when i was. Very young and have always enjoyed it

I also love ballet :D

Upvote 0

Blessed Each Day

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2017
Georgia
✟69,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Salsa is sooo much fun. Learned when i was. Very young and have always enjoyed it

I also love ballet :D
Yes, so much fun! Now ballet? I'm not flexible enough for that, I used to stretch a lot for muay thai, but even back then I'd probably end up pulling multiple muscles trying ballet, not to mention the pointy toes:eek:

Reactions: BlueAshSky
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Most of my dancing is just "jamming out" to metal or hot jazz, or "grooving" to cool jazz & other milder forms. While I don't do much formal dancing (as in, actually having steps & stuff involved), as a final project in ACP French, I rewrote the lyrics to "Puttin' on the Ritz" to be about the famous book "Le Petit Prince", and did a song & cane dance to it. There's just something so great about a well-dressed man doing a cane dance (think Fred Astaire or Alice Cooper); it's really missing from much of anything modern! Even the movie I just watched called "The Greatest Showman" featured a famous actor dude with a cane, but no real classy cane dancing, and the soundtrack was just dance pop, instead of, ya know, show music.
But I digress.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Has anyone ever participated in a fundraising dance marathon? It's one of the most joyful ways to be philanthropic!! Every year since 2005 more than 2000 students at my school have danced for 24 consecutive hours to raise money for a charitable health-focused organization. This weekend we're having the marathon to benefit the hospital that has twice saved my life and benefitted me in so many ways over the years, so it's really special. Kids who've been treated there will be joining us for part of the marathon to dance. Home

I'm excited. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone ever participated in a fundraising dance marathon? It's one of the most joyful ways to be philanthropic!! Every year since 2005 more than 2000 students at my school have danced for 24 consecutive hours to raise money for a charitable health-focused organization. This weekend we're having the marathon to benefit the hospital that has twice saved my life and benefitted me in so many ways over the years, so it's really special. Kids who've been treated there will be joining us for part of the marathon to dance. Home

I'm excited. :)
No, but that sounds like a terrific idea for a church event. Thanks for posting!

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
back at the SP, there was a poster named TomFickle that used to post videos of himself dancing and acting the goof on camera. Anyone here want to step up and post dancing videos of themselves. It can either be serious or ridiculous.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mostly Salsa (cross-body style) at the moment.

I used to dance Lindy Hop, but not anymore. Tried Latin American and Ballroom several times. I thought the Waltz, Quickstep and Rumba were all good fun, but I couldn't really be bothered to continue, as there didn't seem to be much of a social scene.

Might try and learn Bachata or Kizomba sometime in the future.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mostly Salsa (cross-body style) at the moment.

I used to dance Lindy Hop, but not anymore. Tried Latin American and Ballroom several times. I thought the Waltz, Quickstep and Rumba were all good fun, but I couldn't really be bothered to continue, as there didn't seem to be much of a social scene.

Might try and learn Bachata or Kizomba sometime in the future.
do you breakdance too?

Upvote 0