IrishMiddie22

May 29, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
✟15,213.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know there has been much debate about his books whether he is anti-Christian or anything like that, but all of that aside, his books are the best I've ever read. He is my favorite author. If you haven't read his books because you think he is anti-Christian or anything, remember that his books are fiction and not non-fiction. They are amazing reads and you will not be disappointed!! Has anyone else read any of his books OR is anyone a huge Dan Brown fan?

***Jamey***

Jun 8, 2011
✟7,697.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know there has been much debate about his books whether he is anti-Christian or anything like that, but all of that aside, his books are the best I've ever read. He is my favorite author. If you haven't read his books because you think he is anti-Christian or anything, remember that his books are fiction and not non-fiction. They are amazing reads and you will not be disappointed!! Has anyone else read any of his books OR is anyone a huge Dan Brown fan?

I read some of his books ages ago. I always think that people take fiction way too seriously. I read The Da Vinci Code, Angel's and Demons and then I think it was Digital fortress last. I wouldn't say he is an amazing writer... it seemed that each book had a far too similar style... like he just recycled characters by renaming them and changing the settings slightly.

Upvote 0

hollyda

To read makes our speaking English good
Mar 25, 2011
One Square Foot of Real Estate
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd call Dan Brown a good guilty pleasure author. He's not a great writer, but his stories are interesting enough to remain glued to the page in eagerness to see what happens next.

I enjoyed The Da Vinci Code, but it wasn't fantastic literature. Fantastic modern literature would be Flannery O'Connor, Daphne du Maurier, John Irving, and so forth. :)

Then again, while I enjoy the classics, I'm more likely to curl up with commercial fiction like Dan Brown. It's escapism at its best. One of the many reasons I love the Harry Potter books.

Upvote 0

IrishMiddie22

May 29, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
✟15,213.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with you Jamey in that they all have the same feel to them, I love them though because of what hollyda said. I think he does an amazing job of keeping you glued to the pages and wanting to know what happens next. I also love all the research he puts into it and all of the history involved.

Upvote 0