Mar 20, 2013
✟10,374.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Daniel 7:1-3
KJV 1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters. 2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea. 3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

Daniel 7:1-3 New English Translation (NET Bible)
Daniel has a Vision of Four Animals Coming up from the Sea

7 In the first year of King Belshazzar of Babylon, Daniel had a dream filled with visions while he was lying on his bed. Then he wrote down the dream in summary fashion. 2 Daniel explained: “I was watching in my vision during the night as the four winds of the sky were stirring up the great sea. 3 Then four large beasts came up from the sea; they were different from one another.

New English Translation (NET) NET Bible® copyright ©1996-2006 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. Welcome | NET Bible All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 For Daniel to have dreams at this point was normal, it is the way God spoke to Him. He writes down the dream so he makes sure he knows what it means, when God speaks to us we need to make sure we know what He means, also God doesn’t speak thru every dream but He can speak thru dreams.

2 Wind often times symbolizes God’s presence, the sea often times symbolizes the people.

3 These four beasts we see as four kings of four great kingdoms.