Daily Devotional 12-10-01

DAILY DEVOTIONAL MONDAY DECEMBER 10, 2001
( Johhn 3:16, Matthew 7:13 and 14, John 14:6 )

***This Devotional today is dedicated to Fox News personality Bill O'Reilly, and all of those who have bought into the lie from hell, that all good people will go to Heaven. It sounds nice, even sounds right, but is a lie that will lead many into eternal darkness. There is NO Biblical doctrine of
"goodness". There is only ONE way to eternal life, faith in Jesus Christ. EVERYONE IS WELCOME!!!

Faith in Jesus Christ is the ONLY road to Heaven. A byproduct of the horrible events of September 11, 2001, has been a
more unified country. People like never before have come together in a unified manner, ignoring the racial, ethnic, economic barriers that normally divide us. It is good to see our nation stand together as one. Jesus even said, a house divided can not stand. But I do want to share something I
have seen over the past months that has disturbed me, and I want to deal with it today. While I believe in my heart that we as Christians should love and care for those of other faiths, while we should be kind to them, we must NEVER compromise the Christian faith just to be politically correct.
The fact is, God's plan clearly says that there is only ONE road to salvation, there is only ONE road to Heaven, and that is through faith in His Son Jesus Christ. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO ETERNITY WITH GOD.

One of the byproducts of all of the inter-faith prayer and memorial services the past months has been an appearance that anyone who "has faith", is "spiritual" will be in Heaven. MY FRIEND, THAT IS NOT TRUE!. God's Word clearly tells us that those who reject Christ as their personal savior in
this life will be eternally separated from God their Creator. That means those who have CHOSEN to follow the teaching of Islam, of Judaism, or Buddha, or anything other then the inspired, inerrant Word of God will be eternally separated from God when this life is over. As wonderful as other religions may be, they are just that, religions. Christianity is much more
than a religion, it is a relationship. A personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Many can't quite grasp how a loving God, a God of grace and mercy, would let "good people" die and be eternally separated from Him. It is because of sin. You see my friend, sin is something we are all born with. It has been part of the human condition since man sinned in the Garden of Eden. There
is only one answer to sin, and that is the answer God put forth. He sent His only Son Jesus, to this earth to die for the sins of all men. It was God's plan that Jesus, who was born of a virgin, thus without sin, who lived a sinless life, would die on Calvary's cross and pay with his blood for the sin's of all mankind. THAT my friend, is why it is ONLY our faith in Jesus
Christ that can wipe away our sins. It is ONLY faith in Christ that can allow sinful man to have his sins wiped clean so that upon death, he can spend eternity with a holy God. Those who never accept Christ, who reject Him, die in their sin and thus are not able to be reconciled back to God their creator. This was God's plan that He gave us because He loved us so
much.

There is a unity however that we as Christians should be embracing and working towards. That is unity within the body of Christ. A prayer our Lord prayed just hours before going to the cross is still yet unanswered. In John 17:21, Christ prayed for the body of Christ to be one. One of the goals of my ministry when I started over 9 years ago, was to do what I could be bring unity to the body of Christ. In some of my post graduate theological studies, I did extensive research on over 150 mainline Christian denominations and what they believed, and what separated them. The fact is,
they all hold the basic tenants of the Christian faith. It was usually on a wide array of theological issues that made no difference to the main body of our faith that there is disagreement and division. I had the wonderful joy the first 3 years of my ministry to preach in over 500 churches of most
every denomination and ethnic make-up. The fact is, the common bond amongst every church was people who were hurting, going through the trials and pains of life, and looking to God for help and answers. Now more than ever, this
is a time for Christian churches to come together as one. Never forget, it is NOT your church that saves you, but a personal relationship with Christ. So whether you are Baptist, Catholic, United Methodist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Assembly of God, Independent, or whatever denomination your church
belongs to, the most important thing is not your church home, but your relationship with Christ.

I love you and care about you so much. Please don't misunderstand me. I have many dear friends who are Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, and many other faiths. I care about them very much. I pray for them daily to allow God to open heir hearts to the truth of His Word. These are good people. They do many good works here on earth. But the Bible tells us in Ephesians 2:8,9 that it is NOT of works that we are saved, but through faith in Christ. Period. I have agreed over the years to appear in several inter-faith events. However, I used my time to not only pray for the concerns being addressed, but share how God so loved this world, that He gave his only son, that whosoever believed in Him would not perish, but have everlasting life. We must NEVER compromise the truth of God's Word just to make people feel better. Actually, it is better to offend someone than fail to share with them the keys to eternal life. The Bible says that the Gospel is offensive
to those who don't believe. Our job is not to make people feel good, but to share with them the truth of His Word. What they choose to do with that information is between them and God. We have done what God expects us to do.

I pray today for those people of other faiths, that they will open their hearts to God's love, and come to know His Son by faith. I pray for Christians, both here in this country and worldwide. I pray that we will not only be bold in sharing our faith with those of other faiths, but that we will become one, just like Christ prayed in the Garden over 2000 years ago. Now more than ever, the body of Christ needs to stand
together, in unity. No longer identified by the local church we attend, but by the faith in Christ we share. A faith that is the only hope for this world. A faith that is the only hope for each person. A faith that is the only road to everlasting life with God our Creator!

If you have never asked Jesus into your life, or do not have the assurance that if you died today you would be with God for eternity, click this link www.liveprayer.com/SPlan.html ,
pray for God to open your heart, than read the words. They are words of everlasting life. I am praying for you!

In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller

If I can help you in any way you can contact me through my personal email at bkeller@liveprayer.com

***To better serve you through those difficult times in life we all face, I am now making myself available every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10am EST through 1pm EST in 15 minute segments, to talk and pray with you over the phone. To set an appointment to talk with me, please call my
scheduling assistant Arlene at 727-460-1749. She will give you the date and time of your appointment. You must also give her the phone number that you want me to call you on. I will do my best to give you some Biblically-based
guidance, pray with you, and stand with you in your time of need. "..if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven."