✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.” - Daniel 3:18

While we applaud these three Hebrew young men for their courage of worship, today many men worship other men. Let me explain using the following illustration.

A question to ask ourselves is, “Who Are You Worshiping?” During the tenure of the great orator Henry Ward Beecher, a visiting minister (Beecher’s brother) once substituted for the popular pastor. A large audience had already assembled to hear Beecher, and when the substitute pastor stepped into the pulpit, several disappointed listeners began to move toward the exits. That’s when the minister stood and said loudly...

http://www.refreshingdaily.org/2018/09/daily-devotion-ordinary-people-shadrach.html

Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.” - Daniel 3:18

While we applaud these three Hebrew young men for their courage of worship, today many men worship other men. Let me explain using the following illustration.

A question to ask ourselves is, “Who Are You Worshiping?” During the tenure of the great orator Henry Ward Beecher, a visiting minister (Beecher’s brother) once substituted for the popular pastor. A large audience had already assembled to hear Beecher, and when the substitute pastor stepped into the pulpit, several disappointed listeners began to move toward the exits. That’s when the minister stood and said loudly...

http://www.refreshingdaily.org/2018/09/daily-devotion-ordinary-people-shadrach.html

Yes, these three courageous men knew WHO they would worship, and come what may, would NOT be deterred. It is all too common for us to, instead of worshiping GOD, to worship a speaker, or preacher, or a worship leader or a singer or particular group of singers. We are easily deceived and enamored by ev'ry thing and ev'ry one other than the living God, which IS worship. We have made that speaker, preacher, singer, etc. an "idol".

The crown that swarmed in to see Henry Ward Beecher were seeking "entertainment" as if they were getting a "fix". They were enamored with Beecher, and thus were worshiping HIM instead of God.

And just as was suggested, it was best that they leave.

Clarity is a GOOD thing.

Profound lesson and meditation this morning brother. THank you.

God bless you.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, these three courageous men knew WHO they would worship, and come what may, would NOT be deterred. It is all too common for us to, instead of worshiping GOD, to worship a speaker, or preacher, or a worship leader or a singer or particular group of singers. We are easily deceived and enamored by ev'ry thing and ev'ry one other than the living God, which IS worship. We have made that speaker, preacher, singer, etc. an "idol".

The crown that swarmed in to see Henry Ward Beecher were seeking "entertainment" as if they were getting a "fix". They were enamored with Beecher, and thus were worshiping HIM instead of God.

And just as was suggested, it was best that they leave.

Clarity is a GOOD thing.

Profound lesson and meditation this morning brother. THank you.

God bless you.

Brinny, thank you so much for your well-thought-out comments. I hope you have a blessed Friday!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Ordinary People ~ Shadrach, Meshach, Abednigo

I do not approve of their decision and hundreds of lives were taken as a result of their rebellion.

Upvote 0