✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome.” - Acts 23:11

Paul was anything but ordinary. He is the poster child for modern-day missions. He started or played a role in starting dozens of New Testament churches. He was stoned and left for dead, he was beaten and imprisoned, but he never quit. Moments before his death, he said, “The time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.”

At a mission hall in London a wealthy lady, who was unfortunately deaf, made good use of her riches by providing for the poor some excellent Gospel services. On one occasion a celebrated preacher said to her...

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Ordinary People ~ Paul

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome.” - Acts 23:11

Paul was anything but ordinary. He is the poster child for modern-day missions. He started or played a role in starting dozens of New Testament churches. He was stoned and left for dead, he was beaten and imprisoned, but he never quit. Moments before his death, he said, “The time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.”

At a mission hall in London a wealthy lady, who was unfortunately deaf, made good use of her riches by providing for the poor some excellent Gospel services. On one occasion a celebrated preacher said to her...

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Ordinary People ~ Paul

That's sooooo true, isn't it? I never thought of Paul as being "cheerful", but to be singing as he did while in prison indicates that he was, and was so by God's own Holy Spirit. He's the only One Who can generate a smile and joy in us from the inside, out, isn't He?

Reminds me of this:

"the joy of the Lord is your strength" ~Neh 8:10

Thank you for this clarity on what generated Paul's joy in those inexplicable circumstances.

Precious.

God bless you, brother.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That's sooooo true, isn't it? I never thought of Paul as being "cheerful", but to be singing as he did while in prison indicates that he was, and was so by God's own Holy Spirit. He's the only One Who can generate a smile and joy in us from the inside, out, isn't He?

Reminds me of this:

"the joy of the Lord is your strength" ~Neh 8:10

Thank you for this clarity on what generated Paul's joy in those inexplicable circumstances.

Precious.

God bless you, brother.
Thank you for your thoughtful response. I hope you have a blessed Son-day!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0