✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive." - Acts 20:35

I remember an old preacher saying that one of his members told him he didn’t believe in talking about giving and money, “Good,” said the preacher. “You listen and I’ll talk.”

According to one article entitled “Table Talk,” only four percent of all professing believers give consistently.

Once, Martin Luther railed against his congregation for being stingy givers. From the pulpit he said, “You... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Man and Giving

• Winner
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive." - Acts 20:35

I remember an old preacher saying that one of his members told him he didn’t believe in talking about giving and money, “Good,” said the preacher. “You listen and I’ll talk.”

According to one article entitled “Table Talk,” only four percent of all professing believers give consistently.

Once, Martin Luther railed against his congregation for being stingy givers. From the pulpit he said, “You... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Man and Giving

It is true, that God LOVES a "cheerful giver". When we give, trusting God in it, and as if our left hand doesn't now what our right hand is doing, it DELIGHTS God, and blesses His heart.

He PROMISES that when we "give", it is as if we are "lending" to the Lord, and it will come back to us over and above what we have given.

The bottom line, is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to "out-give" God.

Thank you for this very profound message and study and meditation on this wintry Saturday morning in November, brother.

God bless you :)

GOD we cannot outgive God giving coffee to cold homeless man.jpg

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It is true, that God LOVES a "cheerful giver". When we give, trusting God in it, and as if our left hand doesn't now what our right hand is doing, it DELIGHTS God, and blesses His heart.

He PROMISES that when we "give", it is as if we are "lending" to the Lord, and it will come back to us over and above what we have given.

The bottom line, is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to "out-give" God.

Thank you for this very profound message and study and meditation on this wintry Saturday morning in November, brother.

God bless you :)

View attachment 245793
I have found that if you give with the right attitude, it doesn't hurt and God blesses you. Hope you have a blessed Saturday!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have found that if you give with the right attitude, it doesn't hurt and God blesses you. Hope you have a blessed Saturday!

Amen. When it comes to God, "attitude" is ev'ry thing. It's what;s in our :heart: that matters to Him.

A blessed Saturday to you as well, brother. :)

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0