✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place." - Psalm 118:5

Psalm 118 was Martin Luther’s favorite psalm. Luther wrote, “This psalm has been of special service to me. It has helped me out of many great troubles when neither emperor, king, wise man, nor saint could help.” This psalm is believed to have been written by Hezekiah; but nonetheless, it’s a psalm of deliverance.

An ancient legend tells of a monarch who hired some people to make tapestries and garments for him. Among the workers was a young child who was selected because he was especially skilled at weaving. The king gave the silk and the patterns to employees with the strict instructions to #D4Ldevotion #D4L

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: He Heard Me

• Winner
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place." - Psalm 118:5

Psalm 118 was Martin Luther’s favorite psalm. Luther wrote, “This psalm has been of special service to me. It has helped me out of many great troubles when neither emperor, king, wise man, nor saint could help.” This psalm is believed to have been written by Hezekiah; but nonetheless, it’s a psalm of deliverance.

An ancient legend tells of a monarch who hired some people to make tapestries and garments for him. Among the workers was a young child who was selected because he was especially skilled at weaving. The king gave the silk and the patterns to employees with the strict instructions to #D4Ldevotion #D4L

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: He Heard Me

Yes, He WILL. When we call upon Him He WILL hear us, and HELP us.

The little boy demonstrated "child like" faith. He BELIEVED that the king meant what he said. And so he called on him, whenever he was needed, no matter how many times. And consequently the king was very pleased with the boy, in the boys effort to honor and please the king, demonstrated by the boy calling on the king no matter how many times it was required.

It is so with us and our dear God. He DELIGHTS when we call on Him, and frequently.

We can take God at His Word, just as the boy did:

“I just took him at his word, and he was always happy to help me!”

How precious is THAT??!!!

Thank you for this delightful and wise study and meditation on this cool-ish and overcast fall morning, brother.

A very blessed Monday to you. :)

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, He WILL. When we call upon Him He WILL hear us, and HELP us.

The little boy demonstrated "child like" faith. He BELIEVED that the king meant what he said. And so he called on him, whenever he was needed, no matter how many times. And consequently the king was very pleased with the boy, in the boys effort to honor and please the king, demonstrated by the boy calling on the king no matter how many times it was required.

It is so with us and our dear God. He DELIGHTS when we call on Him, and frequently.

We can take God at His Word, just as the boy did:

“I just took him at his word, and he was always happy to help me!”

How precious is THAT??!!!

Thank you for this delightful and wise study and meditation on this cool-ish and overcast fall morning, brother.

A very blessed Monday to you. :)
Thank you so very much Brinny for sharing you encouraging thoughts and a good morning to you. Hope you have a blessed Monday!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you so very much Brinny for sharing you encouraging thoughts and a good morning to you. Hope you have a blessed Monday!

Thank you and a very blessed Monday to you as well, brother. :)

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0