Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
View media item 61152Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.” - Psalm 77:3

The psalmist is complaining because God seemingly is not responding to his cry (verse 1). Have you ever complained before? Why, sure! We all have. It is one thing to complain and another to be a complainer. It’s always wise to remember that no matter how bad it may be, one’s complaining doesn’t always help and could make the situation worse. Out West, a cowboy was driving down a dirt road, his dog riding in back of the pickup truck, his faithful horse in the trailer behind. He failed to negotiate a curve and had a terrible accident... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: A Tip About Complaining

• Winner
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
View media item 61152Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.” - Psalm 77:3

The psalmist is complaining because God seemingly is not responding to his cry (verse 1). Have you ever complained before? Why, sure! We all have. It is one thing to complain and another to be a complainer. It’s always wise to remember that no matter how bad it may be, one’s complaining doesn’t always help and could make the situation worse. Out West, a cowboy was driving down a dirt road, his dog riding in back of the pickup truck, his faithful horse in the trailer behind. He failed to negotiate a curve and had a terrible accident... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: A Tip About Complaining

What came to mind for me as i read the article, is Moses and the Israelites. What the Israelites did was not necessarily "complain", but "grumble" (which CAN be a form of complaining).

To Spill our heart out and thus our "woes" to God is not "complaining" (nor is it "grumbling"). It's what David did. It's also what Job dis, and Jabez. It's also what Jesus did on the cross. In all of His excruciating of body, mind, heart, and Spirit, He cried out to God. Crying out to God is NOT "complaining", nor is it "grumbling".

Complaining and/or "grumbling" is based in and generates from an un-thankful heart, mind, and soul, and is akin to spitting back God's blessings at Him, as the Israelites did in the desert against God and against Moses, time and time again.

It generates from a despising of God and a complete bereft-ment of the "fear of the Lord". It's a "heart" condition that neither regards God nor "fears" Him and is the antithesis of anything of God. And to go back even further, it was the very thing that was found in Lucifer's heart. And that was the sin of "un-thankfulness", and thus all the soup of sins that swam in it, which is "self", a lack of the "fear of God", and of course the "complaining" and "grumbling" that generated from it.

The bottom line is that complaining that is akin to grumbling begins in our own "heart" condition that is bereft of the "fear of the Lord" and thus bereft of any thankfulness at all, and is the antithesis to any humility.

A very riveting and thought-provoking study and meditation on this verrry arctic and gusty Thursday morning in January, my friend.

Thank you and God bless you.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What came to mind for me as i read the article, is Moses and the Israelites. What the Israelites did was not necessarily "complain", but "grumble" (which CAN be a form of complaining).

To Spill our heart out and thus our "woes" to God is not "complaining" (nor is it "grumbling"). It's what David did. It's also what Job dis, and Jabez. It's also what Jesus did on the cross. In all of His excruciating of body, mind, heart, and Spirit, He cried out to God. Crying out to God is NOT "complaining", nor is it "grumbling".

Complaining and/or "grumbling" is based in and generates from an un-thankful heart, mind, and soul, and is akin to spitting back God's blessings at Him, as the Israelites did in the desert against God and against Moses, time and time again.

It generates from a despising of God and a complete bereft-ment of the "fear of the Lord". It's a "heart" condition that neither regards God nor "fears" Him and is the antithesis of anything of God. And to go back even further, it was the very thing that was found in Lucifer's heart. And that was the sin of "un-thankfulness", and thus all the soup of sins that swam in it, which is "self", a lack of the "fear of God", and of course the "complaining" and "grumbling" that generated from it.

The bottom line is that complaining that is akin to grumbling begins in our own "heart" condition that is bereft of the "fear of the Lord" and thus bereft of any thankfulness at all, and is the antithesis to any humility.

A very riveting and thought-provoking study and meditation on this verrry arctic and gusty Thursday morning in January, my friend.

Thank you and God bless you.
Thank you so very much Brinny for sharing your thoughts. In Christ alone!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0