Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I made one about ten years ago; and yes, they are superb. I'd recommend them to anyone.

My wife and I are going to a Marriage Encounter weekend this weekend; it starts about 7 PM tomorrow night, and runs until 4 PM Sunday. I'm not sure what all to expect, but from what I've heard, it sounds a bit like Cursillo.

And in any case, they're putting us up at the Hilton hotel, no less, so how can you lose? ;)

Blessings,
---Wols.

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That sounds great, Wols. :) I hope you both are blessed by it. Who's keeping the baby? I would love to go to one with my husband, but babysitters tend to talk about changing their names and leaving the country when I mention numbers. :) Even my mom, God bless her, is adamant about not keeping all 5 at once for more than an hour or two.

I have heard of the Cursillo retreats, but I really don't know much about them. Any info, Metanoia?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My sister-in-law is coming over to keep an eye on the baby. :)

And he can't tell you anything about the Cursillo weekend, ZooMom---they're supposed to be secret!

At least that's the way they run them in this Diocese; they want you to experience it first-hand.

I can tell you that you sing a lot of songs in Spanish about clucking chickens.......

And if that sparks your curiosity, well, make one and find out. Cursillo is done seperate for men and women, so you can do that while hubby watches the kids, and vice-versa. :)

Blessings,
---Wols.

Upvote 0
M

Metanoia

Zoomom,

Cursillo is not really all that secret. It is a three day retreat that helps Catholic renew there Baptismal commitment to bring Christ to the world. It is Evangelical but it is not Charismatic. Those who have been through the "short course in Christianity" are encouraged to find others in there parish who they think would benefit from it. The candidate is not told alot about the weekend beforehand, but it is safe to say it is faithful to the Church and what it teaches.

It is amazing to see cradle Catholics (men in my case) who some for the first time have a deeply spiritual experience. There are small group sharing session. But if you are uncomfortable you do not have to contribute. It will renew your faith in Christ and the Church. All I can say is GO, if you get the chance.

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
There is also another version that is for all Christians (at least in my area of New York) called Tres Dias (for adults) and then there's a version for 16-21 year olds called Vida Nueva.

I know that both programs are based on Cursillo. I've attended a Vida Nueva, and been part of one for other participants. I want to participate in a Tres Dias weekend soon.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.