• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Curious if a disorder of this nature is a thing

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Occasionally in spiritual warfare it feels like the air is biting my skin, it doesn't bleed, but it does hurt.

Was curious what percentage of this would be a mental disorder, I googled it, but nothing relevant came up.

Just wanting to examine it from all angles so it can be addressed correctly.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing I found that helped was applying the principle of sacraments to my whole body, like I become poison to whatever that is.
That’s good! I’ve made the sign of the cross against what felt like pretty obvious demonic attacks, and that works, too.

I try to eliminate what it isn’t. If it’s not likely caused by something I just ate or drank, or some medication I just took, or sleep deprivation, head for sacramentals.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
That’s good! I’ve made the sign of the cross against what felt like pretty obvious demonic attacks, and that works, too.

I try to eliminate what it isn’t. If it’s not likely caused by something I just ate or drank, or some medication I just took, or sleep deprivation, head for sacramentals.
Once someone said that a sacrament is a vehicle for a mystery. I've found since then that the mystery of "Christ in you, the hope of glory" pairs well with the spiritual materials that come from consuming scripture.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟793,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Occasionally in spiritual warfare it feels like the air is biting my skin, it doesn't bleed, but it does hurt.

Was curious what percentage of this would be a mental disorder, I googled it, but nothing relevant came up.

Just wanting to examine it from all angles so it can be addressed correctly.
Sounds kind of demonic.

Was my thought, but good to examine all angles.

This sounds a bit like what I have felt after intense adrenaline-producing mental activity, like when I played chess against my father (who was an amazing player) and came up with a way to beat him, also when I have prayed very earnestly, agonizingly, to the point of forgetting where I was or what time of day it was. I have also felt it after sudden intense physical activity such as running full out. From what I understand, this is a result of blood being squeezed out of the extremities and not being replaced fast enough. Do you feel it on the arm, leg, but not, for example on your torso? I also feel it on the back of my neck and head, for some reason, and the external parts of the ears.

Ask a doctor about it. There is also, specially as one ages, periferal neuropathy, odd pain that seems to come out of nowhere.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
This sounds a bit like what I have felt after intense adrenaline-producing mental activity, like when I played chess against my father (who was an amazing player) and came up with a way to beat him, also when I have prayed very earnestly, agonizingly, to the point of forgetting where I was or what time of day it was. I have also felt it after sudden intense physical activity such as running full out. From what I understand, this is a result of blood being squeezed out of the extremities and not being replaced fast enough. Do you feel it on the arm, leg, but not, for example on your torso? I also feel it on the back of my neck and head, for some reason, and the external parts of the ears.

Ask a doctor about it. There is also, specially as one ages, periferal neuropathy, odd pain that seems to come out of nowhere.
I don't think it's adrenal fatigue based on the times when it happened.

Another angle is that whole "feeling other people's pain" deal.

It's possible something or someone was exploiting that pathway to attack, hard to say - but it happens every so often and I tend to classify it as warfare, since praying and the like tends to prove to be gradually acting treatment. It tends to become noticeable if I wasn't paying attenion and all of a sudden something is giving the illusion of a serious condition, but once it's foundation is destroyed it goes *poof* like it was never there.

Edit: one remedy learned in this regard is identifying how the connection is not conforming to the example set by the trinity and correcting it. It's a lengthy process.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟793,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't think it's adrenal fatigue based on the times when it happened.

Another angle is that whole "feeling other people's pain" deal.

It's possible something or someone was exploiting that pathway to attack, hard to say - but it happens every so often and I tend to classify it as warfare, since praying and the like tends to prove to be gradually acting treatment. It tends to become noticeable if I wasn't paying attenion and all of a sudden something is giving the illusion of a serious condition, but once it's foundation is destroyed it goes *poof* like it was never there.

Edit: one remedy learned in this regard is identifying how the connection is not conforming to the example set by the trinity and correcting it. It's a lengthy process.

It's tricky to know, that's for sure, but demonic attack is nothing I would wish on anyone. God be with you, man. When you are praying, use Christ's authority, not yours (not saying you don't know this, but saying that is the only way I know). Place yourself in his arms.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It's tricky to know, that's for sure, but demonic attack is nothing I would wish on anyone. God be with you, man. When you are praying, use Christ's authority, not yours (not saying you don't know this, but saying that is the only way I know). Place yourself in his arms.
Yes, sometimes I'm doubting it's a demon because the attack isn't of the same quality, and maybe it's the result of occult practices. whatever the reason, can't stop relying on Him.

Upvote 0