Visit site
✟1,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I love the Cure. I grew up on the Cure, my mom played it to me in the womb. she says thats where i got my gift of writing. I have seen them three times, most recently at Coachella. I cannot wait for curiosa, which i will be attending in two places. they have helped me through so much... my favorite song is hard to pick. Emm, favorite album is Bloodflowers. Favorite song would have to be In Between Days or Just Like Heaven. show me show me show me how you do that trick...

Upvote 0

caillan

Unknown quantity
Jan 17, 2004
✟441.00
Faith
Christian
review of new album:-

Lost
'What have I just wasted my money on?' becomes 'this is actually quite good' once all the layers are added; lots of wailing from Robert.

Labyrinth
Distorted vocals, the '39' of this album, excellent.

Truth goodness and beauty
One of the better tracks. I love the lyrics, really beautiful.

Anniversary
Opening bars remind me of s’thing from Japanese Whispers.

Us or them
Not sure I like listening to the F-word any more but not really worthy of mention anyway.

alt.end
Music is more upbeat than the lyrics..we want to hear melancholy guitars and wailing not "pop".

(I don’t know what's going) on
I don’t know why you wrote this song, lah-lah, I don't know...

Never
‘we will never be …’ shouted over and over again.

The promise
‘you promised me’ shouted over and over again…but the drums are particularly good and all that wailing, excellent, you don't realise ten minutes have passed whilst listening to this track.

I'd say the main similarities are with Wish and Wild Mood Swings. All in all, not bad.

Upvote 0

Jack871

May 16, 2019
Connecticut
✟8,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a late participant in this thread, to say the least. I've loved The Cure for ages and you might say that I became overly obsessed and that is not healthy, especially for a Christian. I started paying attention to patterns I noticed about RS and the band and it really broke my heart because what I found was discouraging. One must look at close associations and ask, "What do all of these people have in common?" So I looked very carefully...David Bowie, Reeves Gabrels, Trent Reznor, Marilyn Manson, Billy Corgan, Davey Havok, Brian Eno, Martin Gore, etc. These are all individuals closely associated with RS. I began to observe RS very closely on stage (as now possible on YouTube). I watched performances of songs like Siamese Twins. I think the performance in Berlin, November of 2002 is worth noting here. You see, I was very infatuated with RS and I actually cared for him deeply and cared about his salvation. Was he saved? Is he saved? I prayed about this for a long time. If that seems silly, I apologize. The answers I received so graciously from God were not fun and I did NOT want to believe them. This man (RS) has a strong spiritual vibe or presence and it is not surprising that spiritual people would be drawn to him...but one must always consider which side of the spiritual realm or fence is involved in the equation. I felt a strong connection with this man (as many of his longtime, avid fans do) and there were reasons for this which I am not happy about today. I remain a Christian, period. It breaks my heart to consider what was chosen by this man and more than likely, his wife also. He has been subtle in his approach but very enticing and the trickery or cunning manipulations of his public have been outrageous. Only an overzealous and longtime fan in my shoes would understand this. Otherwise, it must read like insanity. It's about making yourself appear to be all things to all fans. Some are convinced that he is abc while some are absolutely convinced that he is xyz. He has made so many contradictory statements and comments, including those involving faith and his personal beliefs there. I was tempted to argue that he did this in order to protect his privacy but I learned otherwise. My point is, enjoy the music but be very careful also. Remain alert and vigilant as we are told to do. Love to all.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hard to forget once you hear some of em :) We use sometimes on long highway trips still, even decades later

Youthful love is like practice for the greater Love to come, it can be. :)

Upvote 0