Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just saw this tweet from Sammons himself, and Skojec confirmed it. Eric Sammons has been promoted to Executive Director of Crisis Publications which owns Crisis Magazine, and they have also acquired Steve Skojec's OnePeterFive.

EDIT: It looks like Skojec will not be staying with 1P5, as he has published a farewell article here: It's Time to Pass the Torch. I'll definitely be curious to see what he does next, both professionally and religiously.

Of everyone I’ve worked with over the years, I think he understands best my desire to strike a balance between an honest critique of the modern Church, a strong defense of tradition, and the need to welcome and educate—not alienate—those who have become attracted to traditional Catholicism during this pontificate. That was always what I hoped that 1P5 could be—a bridge between average Catholics doing their best and the beauty of the ancient, perennial faith that they had yet to discover. So when Eric became Executive Director of Crisis Publications and approached me about a possible acquisition earlier this year, I knew that the time had come, that the fit was right, and that I would be leaving the publication in good hands.

At any rate, I think it's cool because (IMO) Crisis Magazine and One Peter Five are two of the best, if not the two best, Catholic publications out there. They both put out excellent content that I think features important analysis and commentary of things going on in the Church, so joining forces is sort of like a "Marvel team up" in my book.

Original tweet.

Last edited:

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Just saw this tweet from Sammons himself, and Skojec confirmed it. Eric Sammons has been promoted to Executive Director of Crisis Publications which owns Crisis Magazine, and they have also acquired Steve Skojec's OnePeterFive.

EDIT: It looks like Skojec will not be staying with 1P5, as he has published a farewell article here: It's Time to Pass the Torch. I'll definitely be curious to see what he does next, both professionally and religiously.

Of everyone I’ve worked with over the years, I think he understands best my desire to strike a balance between an honest critique of the modern Church, a strong defense of tradition, and the need to welcome and educate—not alienate—those who have become attracted to traditional Catholicism during this pontificate. That was always what I hoped that 1P5 could be—a bridge between average Catholics doing their best and the beauty of the ancient, perennial faith that they had yet to discover. So when Eric became Executive Director of Crisis Publications and approached me about a possible acquisition earlier this year, I knew that the time had come, that the fit was right, and that I would be leaving the publication in good hands.

At any rate, I think it's cool because (IMO) Crisis Magazine and One Peter Five are two of the best, if not the two best, Catholic publications out there. They both put out excellent content that I think features important analysis and commentary of things going on in the Church, so joining forces is sort of like a "Marvel team up" in my book.

Original tweet.
I was getting worried for Steve Skojec, so this is good.

People need to take breaks from compulsive watching and commenting on the preludes to the apocalypse developing in real time. And spending more time in prayer. We win this war, don't forget.

• Agree
Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was getting worried for Steve Skojec, so this is good.

Me too, you could see the toll it was taking on him so this will be the best for him and his family. I'm glad he'll still be contributing to all of them, and he's starting a new podcast soon so we'll still get his content. I just hope he sticks with the faith despite all of it's bumps, bruises, and scars.

Upvote 0