Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you wanted to make a point, at the very least, you should have provided a synopsis of your dissident's views.
The synopsis is in the title. I feel if someone really cares about seeking truth on this they will watch it. She is the scientist with a lifetimes work in climatology not me. I listen to both sides and make my own decision. There are more just like her who chose to not base their public statements on grant money and job security.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The synopsis is in the title. I feel if someone really cares about seeking truth on this they will watch it. She is the scientist with a lifetimes work in climatology not me. I listen to both side and make my own decision.
You may listen to both sides but you fail to present the evidence against climate change that persuades you. Besides denial what evidence do you have that there is no emergency? In post #18 I listed five dangerous tipping points may already have been passe d due to the 1.1C of global heating caused by humanity to date.

Have you done a search, for yourself, for "evidence of climate change" or are you just regurgitating what climate change deniers are claiming because it suits your personal opinions?
There are more just like her who chose to not base their public statements on grant money and job security.
That is a cop out and a projection. See: The Climate Denial Machine: How the Fossil Fuel Industry Blocks Climate Action.
"It takes a lot to defy common sense on a global scale, all to benefit one industry. But for decades, fossil fuel interests have done just that, running a sophisticated and sprawling network of well-funded think tanks and front groups with one goal: Stop any real climate action, no matter the cost to billions....​

HOW IT ALL WORKS

It’s not easy to shape public opinion when the facts are against you. So, the industry began attacking the facts, creating an alternate universe where decades of rising CO2 and rising temperatures had nothing to do with each other and scientists who claimed that we had to act were alarmists not to be trusted.​
Getting enough people to join them in that universe, well, that took some work.​
Their effort ultimately produced a full-on denial machine: a huge, sprawling network of talking heads, front groups, and faux-research built to persuade people that we have nothing to worry about.​
To understand how it all comes together, it’s worth looking at the five key parts. Read more...
As I commented above we have seen denial play out with the tobacco industry. Tobacco and Oil Industries Used Same Researchers to Sway Public. Unfortunately, climate change is not not limited to a small group of people, it effects all living things.

• Winner
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0