Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
But if they believe that our salvation doesn't depend on it, why do they make such a big deal?
Some of them say that they think it does. But rational creationists know that it doesn't. The loudest of them seem to be the least rational, which isn't surprising. Don't let them convince you that they represent all creationists.

Yes, that's the funny thing. They will willingly admit that God could have used evolution. And then they say "but He didn't". How do they know?
They read between the lines of Genesis to believe so. Most Christian denominations don't make it an issue one way or the other. Because, after all, it doesn't matter to salvation.

Reactions: olgamc
Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Truth is, one's salvation doesn't depend at all on one's opinion of evolution. In fact, most creationists I have talked to, will admit that God is perfectly capable of creating living populations by evolution. They just don't think He did. Which won't put their souls in danger, unless they make an idol of creationism. And most don't.
That’s kind of what my former pastor said about my believing in evolution…..he asked me if I believe that God COULD’VE created the universe and man literally as described in the Bible. And that as long as I believe God COULD do it that way, it was all good. So yes, of course, God could have done it that way. He can do anything He wants. I just don’t think He did.

Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That’s kind of what my former pastor said about my believing in evolution…..he asked me if I believe that God COULD’VE created the universe and man literally as described in the Bible. And that as long as I believe God COULD do it that way, it was all good. So yes, of course, God could have done it that way. He can do anything He wants. I just don’t think He did.
Just because God can do something, is not evidence that He did it.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just because God can do something, is not evidence that He did it.
That’s very true. And what I kept trying to tell the pastor was that the evidence shows evolution occurred. His POV is that science changes its position on things all the time so we shouldn’t completely trust it. Sometime last year he sent me a link to an article to prove his point, that scientists are always changing their positions. The article was something about the age of the earth. Trouble is, his article said that astronomers changed the age of the earth to be even older than previously thought, rather than the 6,000 years he believes it to be.
He and I had some very interesting discussions.

Upvote 0