Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sigh... Henry Morris... Father of modern creationism. Really wasn't a thing until Mary Baker Eddy > Henry Morris.

YEC is the pseudoscientific religious belief that the earth is 6k y.o.

And here I was thinking God was the father of creationism, and that it's been a "thing" for at least those 6,000 years....go figure.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm leaving this thread and the age of the Earth one because I don't understand what's going on. If by some freak chance anyone wants to talk about this stuff by PM, cool. Thanks to all.
No problem.

• Winner
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is a "believers only" section, if you're interested in censure.
No. But if you are an unbeliever commenting maybe answer this. Should a Christian claiming to believe Genesis and that Jesus created all things also believe in the theory of Evolution of life?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
First Council of Nicea (325) First Council of Constantinople (381)
We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of all things visible and invisible. We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.
And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, begotten of the Father [the only-begotten; that is, of the essence of the Father, God of God,] Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father; And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds (æons), Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father;
By whom all things were made [both in heaven and on earth]; by whom all things were made;

To sign up as a Christian on some forums, as I seem to remember I may have done once on this one...people are supposed to agree with this.

Now my question is to Christians and mods who are Christians and mods in training, etc. How can you preach evolution here and claim you are following this little creed?
Not a thing in there about how one is supposed to interpret Genesis.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
No. But if you are an unbeliever commenting maybe answer this. Should a Christian claiming to believe Genesis and that Jesus created all things also believe in the theory of Evolution of life?
Not a problem. Identifying a natural cause for a phenomenon does not rule out a simultaneous divine proximate cause, and God created the natural causality as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
:) Ive been here a short time really and this has to be THE favorite debate topic. young earth v very very old earth. Big Bang leading to an expanding universe v BOOM viola universe. Evolution v Adam/Eve & a snake. Im not sure why as OP its so surprising that people can be christian, be very dedicated to God, and accept either version. Picking the non-literal version doesnt make them uninformed or satanic or lesser Christians in my view. We are all on a journey and trying to understand whats going on in this universe.

• Agree
Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

Everybodyknows

The good guys lost
Dec 19, 2016
Australia
✟45,191.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can you preach evolution here and claim you are following this little creed?

Personally I don't see any conflict between the creed and theistic evolution. It still acknowledges God as "maker of all things". You just can't take the genesis creation account too literally.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No.

Not only did God say He created everything in six days, but the ORDER He created them in is also diametrically opposed to evolution.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No.

Not only did God say He created everything in six days, but the ORDER He created them in is also diametrically opposed to evolution.
I dont get why your slogan is "science can take a hike" yet your saying it on the internet which relies on the use of satellites and space-time science - the stuff you say can take a hike. That stuff makes your mobile phone work, lets you watch TV, and allows humans to explore space. It provided you with medicine, allowed your children to be born safely, and has allowed the world to develop.

Believing in scientific principles doesn't destroy Christianity. But telling it to go hike - if we all really stuck to that then it just might make humanity fall apart. Fortunately no-one really takes you serious on that one otherwise this website wouldnt exist (after all - its dependent on scientific principles to make it work)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I dont get why your slogan is "science can take a hike" yet your saying it on the internet
There are two types of science:

Science that opposes the Bible and science that doesn't oppose the Bible.

The science that opposes the Bible can take a hike.

You mentioned the Internet as an example.

Job 38:35 Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go, and say unto thee, Here we are?

The science behind the Internet does not oppose the Bible.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
There are two types of science:

Science that opposes the Bible and science that doesn't oppose the Bible.

The science that opposes the Bible can take a hike.

You mentioned the Internet as an example.

Job 38:35 Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go, and say unto thee, Here we are?

The science behind the Internet does not oppose the Bible.
OK - You're not picking and choosing verses to fit your view are you? I'd rather be open to the idea that every year new knowledge is learned through science. You use the internet but the science that allows it uses the relativity theorems that also supports the Big Bang theory. My point is that a belief in God and Science can coexist..... and right now you're using some of the science you dont like to better your life

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OK - I kinda think you pick and choosing what u want to fit your view. I'd rather be open to the idea that every year new knowledge is learned through science. You use the internet but the science that allows it uses the relativity theorems that also supports the Big Bang theory. My point is that a belief in God and Science can coexist..... and You use the science to better your life
Okay, Zoii ... this brings out one of my favorite points:

(You old-timers know what's coming! ;))

I currently have 9008 times more posts than you do, Zoii; and you haven't a clue as to where I stand on science.

And in fact, I hold science up to a Standard that atheists won't dare to go.

Scientists are, in my "pick-and-choose" opinion, gifted to us from God, and I'll kiss the feet of a scientist before I kiss the feet of a theologian any day.

So before you hold me in contempt of court, please don't judge me like everyone else does.

Be above them and give me some credit.

I would take flack from even my own church for believing the earth is as old as it is ... whatever age that is ... so I keep my mouth shut.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
AnAVAVadnmits that he is wrong by bringing up thenumberof bogus posts that he has ade. As if that had any relevance to the argument. A!so AV the false standard that you use is worthless.

As to the title of this thread, the Nicene creed has nothing to do with creationism. Creationists are making the error of telling their version of God how he made the Earth.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Okay, Zoii ... this brings out one of my favorite points:

(You old-timers know what's coming! ;))

I currently have 9008 times more posts than you do, Zoii; and you haven't a clue as to where I stand on science.

And in fact, I hold science up to a Standard that atheists won't dare to go.

Scientists are, in my "pick-and-choose" opinion, gifted to us from God, and I'll kiss the feet of a scientist before I kiss the feet of a theologian any day.

So before you hold me in contempt of court, please don't judge me like everyone else does.

Be above them and give me some credit.

I would take flack from even my own church for believing the earth is as old as it is ... whatever age that is ... so I keep my mouth shut.
Im a bit confused after your post and am not sure what your position is then. So - u support a scientific view, but not if it contradicts verses you hold to - doesnt matter.... you have ur view and thats fine. My whole point was I think science and theology coexist and dont have to be at odds.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Im a bit confused after your post and am not sure what your position is then. So - u support a scientific view, but not if it contradicts verses you hold to - doesnt matter.... you have ur view and thats fine. My whole point was I think science and theology coexist and dont have to be at odds.
Let me help. If science disagrees with AV's very narrow interpretation of the Bible it is wrong, even if he relies on that science to be right every day.

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Personally I don't see any conflict between the creed and theistic evolution. It still acknowledges God as "maker of all things". You just can't take the genesis creation account too literally.
Theistic Evolution is not scientific because it requires the input of an invisible God who cannot be scientifically verified.

For Theistic Evolution to be scientifically valid you must scientifically demonstrate God's influence on evolution, otherwise there is nothing theistic about evolution from a scientific perspective.

Last edited:
Upvote 0