Creation: Believe It or Not

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For the record....where is your corrected geologic column?
Searching for "Steve Austin" I can't find his improved diagram of the rock layers.
I find TONS of pictures of his face, but no improved diagrams.

Nice dodge of replying to my post.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Except that there is a LOT of oil in an area not known for it's vegetation. You know, desert...sand... nothing growing....
The vegetation was deposited by the flood of Noah...the deserts were after the flood of Noah lying on top of the oil.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Regardless where it came from, regardless if it was formed from vegetation, created abiotically or there from the beginning, the Lord provided the energy resources we need. If we continue to give thanks to the Lord for providing and use our energy in a safe and sensible manner, He will continue to bless us. The depletion of resources will not be the end of man. The rejection of God will be our end.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And are there any dating methods that indicate
a single on-going event?

I've already pointed out the C14 found in coal as well as soft tissue found in dino bones. They may not point out an age, but what they do, do is show they arn't as old as claimed.
We also find polystrate fossils which clearly indicate that rock layers have been deposited rapidly one over the other.

Recumbent folds in the rock strata also show the layers were still somewhat plastic when folded.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've already pointed out the C14 found in coal as well as soft tissue found in dino bones.

I don't know anything about proper preservation methods for soft tissue in dinosaur bones.
Perhaps Fred Flintstone saved us some bones to check the age of?
And I know coal can be young as one week, so I'm still in my socks on that.
And I'm not asking for remote examples of polystrate fossiles.

Fast sedimentation is possible....no kidding Joe.
I'm asking for universal global evidence of fast sedimentation everywhere.
You know...the data leads the conclusions.
Not 3 examples prove Ken Ham is spouting God's Truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, speaking of Gods truth....God told us in the bible there was a world wide flood. God told us how He made man. Now, if you want to tell us the bible is wrong...have at it.

I wouldn't say the Bible was wrong about this. I'd say the reader is wrong.

What water is natural water in scripture?

John 4:14
But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Ezekiel 36:25
I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you.

John 7:38
Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”

Isaiah 12:3
With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.

Isaiah 43:2
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

Revelation 22:1
Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb

Isaiah 49:10
They shall not hunger or thirst, neither scorching wind nor sun shall strike them, for he who has pity on them will lead them, and by springs of water will guide them.

Matthew 10:42
And whoever gives one of these little ones even a cup of cold water because he is a disciple, truly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.”

Revelation 21:6
And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment.

Isaiah 44:3
For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour my Spirit upon your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.

Revelation 22:17
The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.

Psalm 23:2
He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.

Ezekiel 47:1-5
Then he brought me back to the door of the temple, and behold, water was issuing from below the threshold of the temple toward the east (for the temple faced east). The water was flowing down from below the south end of the threshold of the temple, south of the altar.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't say the Bible was wrong about this. I'd say the reader is wrong.

What water is natural water in scripture?

John 4:14
But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Ezekiel 36:25
I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you.

John 7:38
Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”

Isaiah 12:3
With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.

Isaiah 43:2
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

Revelation 22:1
Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb

Isaiah 49:10
They shall not hunger or thirst, neither scorching wind nor sun shall strike them, for he who has pity on them will lead them, and by springs of water will guide them.

Matthew 10:42
And whoever gives one of these little ones even a cup of cold water because he is a disciple, truly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.”

Revelation 21:6
And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment.

Isaiah 44:3
For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour my Spirit upon your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.

Revelation 22:17
The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.

Psalm 23:2
He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.

Ezekiel 47:1-5
Then he brought me back to the door of the temple, and behold, water was issuing from below the threshold of the temple toward the east (for the temple faced east). The water was flowing down from below the south end of the threshold of the temple, south of the altar.

So, let me get this straight....when the bible mentions water in the bible it's not natural? Are you saying I can't do a word search on "water" and find where the bible talks about natural water?

But back to the bible....

From Genesis...
17For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth. 18The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered. 20The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits

2 Peter 3 even prophecied about people who deliberately forget about the flood. I think you might be one of them.

5But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed.

So, now I have two verses from the bible that tells of a world covered by a flood.

2nd Peter 2:5 presents a third verse:
if he did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a herald of righteousness, with seven others, when he brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly;
Now for a 4th....Isaiah 54:9 “This is like the days of Noah to me: as I swore that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth, so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you, and will not rebuke you.

You deny the flood...you deny the bible.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, let me get this straight....when the bible mentions water in the bible it's not natural? Are you saying I can't do a word search on "water" and find where the bible talks about natural water?

But back to the bible....

From Genesis...
17For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth. 18The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered. 20The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits

2 Peter 3 even prophecied about people who deliberately forget about the flood. I think you might be one of them.

5But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed.

So, now I have two verses from the bible that tells of a world covered by a flood.

2nd Peter 2:5 presents a third verse:
if he did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a herald of righteousness, with seven others, when he brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly;
Now for a 4th....Isaiah 54:9 “This is like the days of Noah to me: as I swore that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth, so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you, and will not rebuke you.

You deny the flood...you deny the bible.

I only deny your view of the flood.

How many planets are formed out of water?
Was the original earth dissolved by the flood?
How many people were on the earth at the time of the flood and how big
would the flood need to be to cover all that population?

When scripture says the "whole world" is that a geography lesson
or does it only refer to people and civilization?

I suggest that scripture is only referring to people, not planet shapes.
So we need not use a geography book, measure every existing
mountain, then claim the bible says that mountain was covered
with water. I don't feel scripture switches to geological records
to give you the depth and extent of the flood.
Assuming we knew the geography of the earth before the flood.
Which we really don't.

But if we did, all of civilization could have been in a local area
and the "whole world" could be referring to people not a globe.
I'm not sure why scripture would refer to a mostly uninhabited globe
needing to be covered with water.

Unless the old world was dissolved under water. As scripture states.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I only deny your view of the flood.

How many planets are formed out of water?
Was the original earth dissolved by the flood?
How many people were on the earth at the time of the flood and how big
would the flood need to be to cover all that population?

When scripture says the "whole world" is that a geography lesson
or does it only refer to people and civilization?

I suggest that scripture is only referring to people, not planet shapes.
So we need not use a geography book, measure every existing
mountain, then claim the bible says that mountain was covered
with water. I don't feel scripture switches to geological records
to give you the depth and extent of the flood.
Assuming we knew the geography of the earth before the flood.
Which we really don't.

But if we did, all of civilization could have been in a local area
and the "whole world" could be referring to people not a globe.
I'm not sure why scripture would refer to a mostly uninhabited globe
needing to be covered with water.

Unless the old world was dissolved under water. As scripture states.

The concept of a local flood is pretty much washed up. If it was local why the need for an ark?
If the mountains were covered to a height of 15 cubits...that would flood a much larger area than a localized part of the planet.

You mentioned a "mostly uninhabited globe"....how do you know that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The concept of a local flood is pretty much washed up. If it was local why the need for an ark?
If the mountains were covered to a height of 15 cubits...that would flood a much larger area than a localized part of the planet.
You mentioned a "mostly uninhabited globe"....how do you know that?

There are estimates of the likely size of civilization spreading from a "garden" east of Eden.
The mountains covered would refer to all known mountains, rather than those on the
other side of the globe where no man had ever been. Scripture is written by men, and not
by a Holy Ghost wafting like Casper around the world measuring water depth.

The need for an Ark is becasue people can drown in a lake 10 inches deep any
larger than a bathtub size.
But you can pick any size body of water you choose assuming how far you think people can swim in a year
in open water without need of a boat.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Scripture is written by men, and not
by a Holy Ghost wafting like Casper around the world measuring water depth.
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The very fact that we have oil is evidence that the earth is older than 6,000 years. Oil is formed when organic remains are covered with sediment and then subjected to heat and pressure over time (there's more to it but that is the basics). If God created the oil in place then He created a false history.

The time is shorter than scientists once believed. It has already been show that oil and coal don't take long to form.

Upvote 0