Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Any hobbies you're into or crafts you enjoy makin'?

I used to enjoy making my own cards for loved ones, as I thought they were more creative and personal than store-bought ones. Since I have experience with model-making, I also enjoy making homemade Christmas gifts sometimes, like manger scene ornaments and Minecraft-related items for my Nephew:

IMG-20151225-04198.jpg

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

I used to enjoy making my own cards for loved ones, as I thought they were more creative and personal than store-bought ones. Since I have experience with model-making, I also enjoy making homemade Christmas gifts sometimes, like manger scene ornaments and Minecraft-related items for my Nephew:

View attachment 206432
Those are really cool! :)

I love artsy stuff like drawing, writing, playing music, and sewing. I also like playing video games and using the computer. I also sing sometimes (when no one else can hear me :p) and make clay models occasionally.

Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Those are really cool! :)

I love artsy stuff like drawing, writing, playing music, and sewing. I also like playing video games and using the computer. I also sing sometimes (when no one else can hear me :p) and make clay models occasionally.
Thank you! My nephew loved the Minecraft gifts. =)

I saw some work that you've done and it's really good, you're quite talented. :oldthumbsup: Playing video games is also one of my favorite hobbies lol.

I like programming, and playing Nintendo Switch.
Oh cool, what kind of programming language do you use?

• Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Oh cool, what kind of programming language do you use?

I'm kind of a game programmer, so I like anything fast. IDEs with custom scripting languages.

I went to school for Video Game Art & Animation, but really, I'm more programming minded than art minded.

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm kind of a game programmer, so I like anything fast. IDEs with custom scripting languages.

I went to school for Video Game Art & Animation, but really, I'm more programming minded than art minded.
That's exactly what I do. =) I work with game engines with their own scripting languages, like the Torque and Unity engine. That's really cool, although I'm probably more art minded than programming minded.

Reactions: Left
Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

View attachment 206432

How did you make these?? I love the sword!

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you! My nephew loved the Minecraft gifts. =)

I saw some work that you've done and it's really good, you're quite talented. :oldthumbsup: Playing video games is also one of my favorite hobbies lol.
Thanks! ^-^ Glad to hear your nephew liked the gifts too. I think making handmade gifts is a lot of fun. :)

Alsoooo I make signatures sometimes on GIMP, I will try to find some old ones I made and post them. :D

I also just like to get on pinterest and look at other peoples crafts. :p
Oh I'd love to see the signatures! I also like to look at other people's crafts, especially handmade plush animals. :D Some of them are so talented!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rigatoni

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How did you make these?? I love the sword!
Thanks! I took a styrofoam sheet and cut / outlined the pixels based on the actual sword in game, then colored in the pixels with special markers. The cube was just a styrofoam cube lol. And the manger scene sets were made from painted basswood, glued together with gorilla glue. =)

Alsoooo I make signatures sometimes on GIMP, I will try to find some old ones I made and post them. :D

I also just like to get on pinterest and look at other peoples crafts. :p
Yes do share!

Here are a few more models I made a while back, taken from my portfolio and all made with basswood. I made the church for my dad as a birthday present; it included a switch and improvised wiring to get a light inside the model to work, and acrylic paint on the exterior. The large manger was made for my brother and sister-in-law; the wood was stained by hand and it eventually supported an actual set of manger figures. The abstract model on the bottom-right was made for one of my classes and was designed to personify "elegance" (also stained, and held together with wiring).
17385_10151340841685544_1951793163_n.jpg

The manger scene was designed in SketchUp beforehand lol:
manger.jpg

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
@Anthony7, wow, those models are amazing! I like how one of them lights up. You're very talented. :)
I wish I could make a manger like that haha. We've been searching for a good model nativity scene for years and a lot of them don't even have a manger!

Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
@Anthony7, wow, those models are amazing! I like how one of them lights up. You're very talented. :)
I wish I could make a manger like that haha. We've been searching for a good model nativity scene for years and a lot of them don't even have a manger!
Thanks, I appreciate that. :clap:

Haha really? I've been looking for figurines for homemade manger projects, but it's hard to find a good set lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I used to build scale model car kits, but haven't in a long, long time. If I have any hobbies now, I suppose it's taking pictures, fishing and occasionally kayaking.

Do you have any pictures of the cars you built?

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Went to a wine and paint night today and decided to do my own thing. Painted my cat in front of my favorite quilt.View attachment 206619

:bigeye: This is beautiful! Are you going to get it frame? I think that would be pretty awesome.

I've always wanted to go to one of those wine and paint night things. Then I remember I can't paint...So I'd mainly be there for the wine and watch others paint. :D

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Even though I'm artistic, I'm not really into painting. Well painting models is fun, but I'm not good at painting pictures. I always go out of the lines. :p
It's nice to see some good paintings, though. :)

• Agree
Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0