Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Looks like then Trump administration has "bigger ones" than our whimpy Bishops. If you would have told me this 4 years ago, I wouldn't have believed it.

DOJ: 'Expect action' on government regulation of religious services amid COVID-19 outbreak

DOJ: 'Expect action' on government regulation of religious services amid COVID-19 outbreak

That is wonderful. Praise God He has heard our groaning, God will rescue us from Satan and those who want to steal freedom away from America and the rest! This is the first time I have been happy in a month. Go Bill Barr and God be with you!

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟275,302.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Luckily, we have what is called the US Constitution. I know some have never read it, but here is the Supremacy Clause.

Article 6

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
This Easter, I can go to Walmart, The Home Depot, and the Grocery Store, but not Mass.

If this doesn't strike you as odd, I dont know what else to say.

We need more priests like this
My priests did that too. Nobody got out of their cars and nobody was at any risk. They also do confessions in the parking lot and anoint the sick and have mass every day streamed on local cable TV and youtube.

It is so odd that those stores are open and the churches are closed. I do 'essential' work and thus go out into the world. But what I do is a lot less essential than baptism or confession or anointing the sick. The bishops who shut those down are poor shepherds. There are young priests out there who would be willing to get infected just so they could minister to the sick after they recover.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Looks like the Trump administration has "bigger ones" than our whimpy Bishops. If you would have told me this 4 years ago, I wouldn't have believed it.

The government at the Federal level is at least sensitive to religious liberty. That's good. Our bishops ARE overall wimpy on so many things. I DO think they were prudent in closing off public masses but imprudent in suspending masses entirely. Those cowardly bishops who suspended masses and confessions were/are downright cruel. And did I say cowardly? But since THEY did these things and not the government, it isn't a religious liberty thing. It's a cowardly bishop thing. What's new? They are too cowardly to address the Lavender Mafia too.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian