Passing Through
✟461,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I not defending all the various excesses and bad actions by big pharma. CDC is NOT big pharma.

I'd be really careful giving out medical advice without any real background in it. That is why the professionals are there. The fact that you don't know the difference between a pharma company and the CDC is not a good sign to begin with and the fact that you then leverage various horror stories and possibly unrelated material to build up some sort of "point" is worrisome.

I'm not the one who clearly doesn't understand the conflicting interests here. Now for a dose of reality:

The CDC gets millions of dollars annually from Big Pharma and then turns around and recommends testing and drugs created and marketed by those same companies.

Congress authorized the CDC to accept “external gifts” from industry and private parties in 1983, and in 1992 passed legislation for the creation of a nonprofit foundation to encourage relationships between industry and the agency. In2014, the CDC Foundation raised $52 million, $12 million of that from Big Pharma. Also in 2014, the CDC received $16 million in direct funding from corporations, individuals and foundations, including the CDC Foundation, which makes the foundation nothing more than a pass-through organization.

Upvote 0

Parmallia

Nov 7, 2021
PNW
✟14,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I'm not the one who clearly doesn't understand the conflicting interests here. Now for a dose of reality:

The CDC gets millions of dollars annually from Big Pharma and then turns around and recommends testing and drugs created and marketed by those same companies.

Congress authorized the CDC to accept “external gifts” from industry and private parties in 1983, and in 1992 passed legislation for the creation of a nonprofit foundation to encourage relationships between industry and the agency. In2014, the CDC Foundation raised $52 million, $12 million of that from Big Pharma. Also in 2014, the CDC received $16 million in direct funding from corporations, individuals and foundations, including the CDC Foundation, which makes the foundation nothing more than a pass-through organization.

So where do you turn? If you can't trust the CDC who do YOU trust for information? SURELY not yourself. Are you a professionally trained virologist? If not what on earth do you do when you are faced with a pandemic?

I'm asking because I see a LOT of trash from scientific illiterates and I'm curious how they function in the world.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟661,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟715,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟333,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Watch leftist politicians (biden included) start making statements to try to influence their decision. They've never been able to keep quiet about cases before the SCOTUS yet as they're being decided.

Is there any reason he shouldn't? I'm sure plenty of Republicans will also be arguing it in the media, in an attempt to influence the court to stop the mandate. Personally, I expect the court to decide based on the arguments presented to them, regardless of the arguments occurring outside the court.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟461,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟661,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is there any reason he shouldn't? I'm sure plenty of Republicans will also be arguing it in the media, in an attempt to influence the court to stop the mandate. Personally, I expect the court to decide based on the arguments presented to them, regardless of the arguments occurring outside the court.

That's not what happened when John Roberts actually changed the argument in favor of the Obama regime for mandatory health insurance (Obamacare) after Obama verbally attacked the SCOTUS during a state of the union speech.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟333,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's not what happened when John Roberts actually changed the argument in favor of the Obama regime for mandatory health insurance (Obamacare) after Obama verbally attacked the SCOTUS during a state of the union speech.

You have evidence that is what happened, right? How it had nothing to do with arguments by the DoJ in court and Justice Roberts stated it was all about Obama's criticisms? I look forward to seeing that evidence.

And, even if it did, how is it different than any other administration -- including Trump's -- who publicly comment on cases before the Supreme Court (though I think you'll find it has far more to do with the arguments made in front of the court by those administrations).

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟149,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Right.
The Obama Administration specifically told the Court “we do not consider the (then fine) a ‘tax’”, Roberts disagreed and then allowed the PPACA to pass Constitutional muster!

These “activist judges”, eh?

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟514,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟324,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That just gives more credence for the health care workers to find another job.... My local hospital has had mandate for the last 6 months and staff in down 17%.
You don't think that might have something to do with the massive stresses and workload increase of staffing a medical facility in a pandemic? I certainly wouldn't want to be a nurse right now, and it has nothing to do with vaccine mandates.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You don't think that might have something to do with the massive stresses and workload increase of staffing a medical facility in a pandemic? I certainly wouldn't want to be a nurse right now, and it has nothing to do with vaccine mandates.

No, no, no... clearly Biden is to blame.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟715,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, no, no... clearly Biden is to blame.

Biden is the one who said how feckless his predecessor was and how he will shut down the virus. It is his amazing leadership and ability to unify that has resulted in more deaths and greater restrictions than before he came to office.

Biden is the one who thought he could rule be edict and has just been rebuffed by the courts - again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Biden is the one who said how feckless his predecessor was and how he will shut down the virus.

That's nice, but one should weep for his predecessor elsewhere.

It is his amazing leadership and ability to unify that has resulted in more deaths and greater restrictions than before he came to office.

You left out the part where he cooked up Omicron in the White House basement... but that's hardly surprising.

Fact Check: Have more Americans died from COVID under Biden than Trump?

Biden is the one who thought he could rule be edict and has just been rebuffed by the courts - again.

Half-rebuffed, anyway.... the SCOTUS decision actually makes sense... The vaccine mandate for healthcare workers funded by Medicare/Medicaid is common sense: if you want to cash Uncle Sam's checks, you play by Uncle Sam's rules.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟461,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married