• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Couple saves 40 teens from Utøya massacre while dodging the shooter's bullets

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by TheReasoner, Aug 2, 2011.

1. TheReasoner

TheReasoner Former christian, current teapot agnostic.

+642
    Atheist
    Married
    A married couple saved 40 teens from the Utøya massacre. They ferried youth from the island in repeated trips, even having to dodge the shooter's bullets.

It's all over our newspapers, but it isn't mentioned in much US media. Why?
    Americans love their heroes. And heroes who save 40 teens while being shot at? *whistle* The media should have had a field day!

Only... The heroes can't be heroines. You see the married couple were lesbians. But they did save 40 kids from right wing extremist and self-labeled 'christian conservative' gunman. Aah, that's a minefield in the US media, right there. Not that I really get why, a life saved is a life saved. I like to live. I don't care who saves me from a crazed gunman. It can be a dog, a platypus, lesbians, a one armed man from Zimbabwe... I just want to live. Who cares who saves me, right?
    Ah. The "religious right" in the US? That's my guess too.

If a Married Lesbian Couple Saves 40 Teens from the Norway Massacre and No One Writes About it, Did it Really Happen? « Talk About Equality

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+7,062
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    If I'm being honest, I'd wager America is just a bit more obsessed with their own infighting to see heroism in some OTHER country right now.

3. TheReasoner

TheReasoner Former christian, current teapot agnostic.

+642
    Atheist
    Married
    Perhaps. Do you think they would have mentioned this had it happened in the US though? I mean... They were lesbians.

4. PHenry42

PHenry42 Newbie

+40
    Muslim
    Not only were they lesbians, they also acted in a distinctly un-American way by not fighting back. A Real American Hero would have blown the head off the shooter like Dirty Harry, or roundhouse-kicked him like Chuck Norris. ;)