Country Music Icon Kenny Rogers Dies at 81. Let's celebrate his music and life.

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Country Music Icon Kenny Rogers Dies at 81

"Every hand's a winner, and every hand's a loser, and the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep."

Vocalist Kenny Rogers, who dominated the pop and country charts in the 1970s and 1980s with a string of sleekly tailored hits and won three Grammys, has died. He was 81. Rogers “passed away peacefully at home from natural causes under the care of hospice and surrounded by his family,” a representative for the singer said in a statement. Due to the national COVID-19 emergency, the family is planning a small private service at this time with a public memorial planned for a later date.

— Kenny Rogers, "The Gambler." This signature of his was added to the National Registry in 1978. It was the most recent of a lifetime of honors bestowed on the singer, which included induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame, three Grammys and six CMA Awards.

I only discovered his music last year, while on a road trip with my grandparents, after asking them to name a singer whose music they loved so I could make a Spotify station for us. My grandpa immediately answered Kenny Rogers, and my nana seconded the request! I immediately wrapped my heart around this song and it became one of my most listened to songs of 2019. I was then happy to recognize it on a show that has a soundtrack I love:

Eta:
I also think this is beautiful:

He was definitely a beloved man.

Last edited:

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Country Music Icon Kenny Rogers Dies at 81

"Every hand's a winner, and every hand's a loser, and the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep."

— Kenny Rogers, "The Gambler." This signature of his was added to the National Registry in 1978. It was the most recent of a lifetime of honors bestowed on the singer, which included induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame, three Grammys and six CMA Awards.

I only discovered his music last year, while on a road trip with my grandparents, after asking them to name a singer whose music they loved so I could make a Spotify station for us. My grandpa immediately answered Kenny Rogers, and my nana seconded the request! I immediately wrapped my heart around this song and it became one of my most listened to songs of 2019. I was then happy to recognize it on a show that has a soundtrack I love:

Eta:
I also think this is beautiful:

He was definitely a beloved man.
When I was a young teenager and still a fan of country music, he was one of my favorites. May he Rest In Peace.

Upvote 0