United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
In 27 days I'll be hopping on a plane to visit a lady in Indiana. :thumbsup:

I've been waiting for this day for well over 18 months now. We met about 8 years ago online and have met in person here in Australia. Now its time for me to travel over to there. I'm getting excited. :)

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mustaphile said:

I've been waiting for this day for well over 18 months now. We met about 8 years ago online and have met in person here in Australia. Now its time for me to travel over to there. I'm getting excited. :)

First time in the US?

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Mustaphile said:

CONGRATS MUSTAPHILE! hehe

i live in ohio, so here's a hello to a neighbor to you two :D

Upvote 0

Mustaphile

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2004
Indiana
✟35,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
tattedsaint said:
CONGRATS MUSTAPHILE! hehe

i live in ohio, so here's a hello to a neighbor to you two :D

I am travelling to southern Ohio to meet a whole lot of computer gaming buddies (The Crusty Old Fossil Rockers forum website) while I'm over there. What part of Ohio are you in, tatted?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mustaphile

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2004
Indiana
✟35,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
CaDan said:
While you are here, please DO NOT go to anything labelled "Australian" or "Outback". Every person I know from Oz who has gone to those things has gotten so irritated their whole trip was spoiled.

I'll remember that. :)

tattedsaint said:
i live in Leipsic, OH. it is more northwest of the state. i'm close to Toledo, OH, if that gives you an idea on a map, and Toledo is close to the border of Michigan, and Toledo is about an hour away from where i live. what city is this gaming group getting together at?

I'm still trying to pin everyone down on where we are meeting. We are talking about Cincinatti, Columbus or Dayton(I think) or maybe getting them to all come to Indianapolis.

Upvote 0

discernomatic

May 27, 2005
Milano
Visit site
✟734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, it is kind of like going to an American beer fest if you are from Germany. Budweiser, Coors! Ack! Old Chicago's is better, they at least have a good selection. I'll be headed over there (Florida) too in July to see family. Have fun. My cousin, (German/American) met an internet acquaintance in the US and at first it was a shock to the family. In the end the beast turned into a prince and they are getting married this fall. Good luck!

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
CaDan said:
While you are here, please DO NOT go to anything labelled "Australian" or "Outback". Every person I know from Oz who has gone to those things has gotten so irritated their whole trip was spoiled.

Ask them if they have vegemite and they look at you like you're from outer space! :eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fanatiquefou

you know, for kids!
Jun 19, 2004
Indiana
✟3,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where in Indiana will you be? I'm in Fort Wayne, myself.

Oh, and there used to be a little 'Australian' restaurant in the town my college was in. It was run by an Australian family that had moved here. I remember asking what vegemite tasted like, being brought a free sandwich to try it, and ending up giving it to one of the little boys of the family who was hanging around. It was disgusting - I don't know how he wolfed it down so eagerly. The burger with beet and egg was surprisingly decent though - is that really a common way to eat a burger in Australia?

Upvote 0

Mustaphile

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2004
Indiana
✟35,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
fanatiquefou said:
Where in Indiana will you be? I'm in Fort Wayne, myself.

Oh, and there used to be a little 'Australian' restaurant in the town my college was in. It was run by an Australian family that had moved here. I remember asking what vegemite tasted like, being brought a free sandwich to try it, and ending up giving it to one of the little boys of the family who was hanging around. It was disgusting - I don't know how he wolfed it down so eagerly. The burger with beet and egg was surprisingly decent though - is that really a common way to eat a burger in Australia?

I'll be in Noblesville, just outside of Indianapolis.

Beetroot and egg is pretty standard on a hamburger with the lot. They commonly put pineapple in it too, but I don't like pineapple on my burgers.

I like vegemite on my toast in the morning or vegemite on toast with melted cheese. Its a rich source of vitamin B. :)

-edit-

..oh and vegemite on crackers, sometimes with cheese. I'm a bit of a cheese lover though.

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mustaphile said:

I know I shouldn't be envious, but I want a mate too :(

Have a safe trip though.

diane

Upvote 0

IndyBelle

Mar 3, 2004
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Mustaphile said:
Beetroot and egg is pretty standard on a hamburger with the lot. They commonly put pineapple in it too, but I don't like pineapple on my burgers.

I like vegemite on my toast in the morning or vegemite on toast with melted cheese. Its a rich source of vitamin B. :)

-edit-

..oh and vegemite on crackers, sometimes with cheese. I'm a bit of a cheese lover though.

I tried a burger with beetroot and egg while I was there last year. I was pleasantly surprised to find it quite tasty. Wouldn't have thought to put that on a burger before I tried it. Then again, I haven't had one since either. Will that change when you are here Must?

Wish I could say the same thing about the vegemite. yuck. I brought some home for my father (who tends to like most everything) and he didn't like it. Couldn't even get the garbage disposal of a dog to eat it! :)

Oh...and Tim Tams! YUMMY! :thumbsup:

This waiting is agonizing! July 1st can't get here soon enough!

Upvote 0

Ceccia

Nov 10, 2004
✟15,407.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Lel said:
Ask them if they have vegemite and they look at you like you're from outer space! :eek:

I have vegemite! it was kindly sent to me by post from a friend in the UK, and it's utterly delicious on toast with a bit of cream cheese :)

Anyway, Mustaphile, I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Upvote 0