Could the theory of “natural selection” have happened AFTER the flood?

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, they really couldn't have. For an explanation of why you can't get the kind of genetic diversity we see from a single breeding pair a few thousand years ago, see this article. It's specifically about Adam and Eve, but the same principles apply to any single pair. So it would apply to any of the single-pair critters on the ark.

If all humans didn’t come from Adam and Eve, and we evolved, then how can we be made in the image of God? If evolution is true, then how true is the story of Creation in the Bible? Adding evolution to the creation story doesn’t make any sense.

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
well ... that view (simpler animals) is not the Genesis account of how God created everything. Animals fully formed existed before the flood according to Genesis. How many individual species existed at that time is unknown. Regardless we know the genetic code (that God created) has the ability to create many variations within itself and that is biblically acceptable (referred to as micro evolution) .... male and female after their kind ... and continue to do so.

Creation scientists and natural scientists all look at the same data.

They interpret the data differently.

Most atheists discount interpretations (or don't even consider) interpretation from a creation aspect even though they put forth very reasonable evidence of such using the same facts. They are mostly closed minded about it from the get go.
I do apologize,I didn’t want to insult God by asking something other than what he says happened

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do apologize,I didn’t want to insult God by asking something other than what he says happened

You didn't insult God .... He tells us to reason with the scriptures.

James 3:17
But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.

• Agree
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

Platte

Jul 14, 2020
Virginia
✟24,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No, they really couldn't have. For an explanation of why you can't get the kind of genetic diversity we see from a single breeding pair a few thousand years ago, see this article. It's specifically about Adam and Eve, but the same principles apply to any single pair. So it would apply to any of the single-pair critters on the ark.
Human breeding and animal breeding is very different. Much smaller groups that stay inbreeding generation after generation after generations. Humans tend to populate. Animals don’t. Notice lion prides stay around the same 15-20 numbers (don’t quote me on the exact number) you don’t see prides of 10,000. That small group inbreeding over and over again has a very very different genetic response. The impact on genetics with inbreeding is significant.

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have no idea. It I do know it happened so I know it’s possible

Expects a scientific explanation...
Screenshot_20220102-122657~2.png

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Human breeding and animal breeding is very different. Much smaller groups that stay inbreeding generation after generation after generations. Humans tend to populate. Animals don’t. Notice lion prides stay around the same 15-20 numbers (don’t quote me on the exact number) you don’t see prides of 10,000. That small group inbreeding over and over again has a very very different genetic response. The impact on genetics with inbreeding is significant.
This argument doesn't help you at all -- quite the reverse. If humans, who 'tend to populate' can't generate the kind of genetic diversity we see in your timeframe, how can animals with smaller populations do so, when small populations generate less genetic diversity?

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If all humans didn’t come from Adam and Eve, and we evolved, then how can we be made in the image of God?
What do the two things have to do with one another? Why can't God create humans in his image via evolution? What does the image of God mean, anyway? I think Richard Middleton (in his book The Liberating Image) makes a good case that it primarily means that we're to serve as God's representatives on earth. This is a sharp contrast with other ancient Near East cultures, in which only the kings or the priests were God's representatives. In Genesis, all humans are. That's a radical theological concept.
If evolution is true, then how true is the story of Creation in the Bible?
I don't think the author or authors of Genesis had any intention of teaching anything about the physical origins of humanity, nor do I see any reason to think they knew anything about them. The creation account is telling us something about humanity, about God, and about our relationship to him as created beings.
Adding evolution to the creation story doesn’t make any sense.
Well, to me the creation account doesn't look at all historical regardless of whether evolution is true or not. In any case, adding evolution makes sense to lots of people. If it doesn't make sense to you, leave it alone. I'm not telling others what to believe -- I just don't want them saying things about science that aren't true.

• Winner
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’d like to add,like I’ve said before,I don’t believe in evolution,natural selection,the Big Bang,or a multiverse.I disdain all of those theories,and am very against atheists.I’m not trying to unify worldly wisdom and Godly wisdom.I’m simply asking.

[STAFF EDITED] You will find it difficult to get your questions answered when people keep posting evolution information even after you have said you don't wish for that. That article in post #20 is million of years. They assume they know everything due to man made knowledge and discoveries about how the world acts now, but now is not a key to the past, now only shows now. God made fundamental changes to how the world acts both at the fall and at the flood and no one can know how things worked before that. No one but God knows how Adam and Eve were made and like the animals were probably also 'kinds' and different in variety of ways to how we are now. All we can really know about them is that Adam was taken from the dirt and Eve from his rib and that they lived very long lives.

We can know that we are all descended from them because God tells us that Eve is "mother of all the living."
Genesis 3:20
Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.

And we can know Adam is "father of all the living" because:

Romans 5:12
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—

In fact if someone is not descended from Adam and Eve they can't be saved as it is only Adam's descendants the promise is made to.
Adam, the first and head of the human race brought sin and death to all people by passing the sinful fallen nature down from father to child in a never ending chain. This required that another man be born into this chain but without sin. Jesus was fully human from Mary but because he had no earthly father and was God was also sinless. So only he could pay the penalty required-perfect blood-and break that chain.

1 Corinthians 15

45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven. 48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If all humans didn’t come from Adam and Eve, and we evolved, then how can we be made in the image of God? If evolution is true, then how true is the story of Creation in the Bible? Adding evolution to the creation story doesn’t make any sense.

Sin brought in death. Death was not a part of life, but a brought in enemy and it will be dealt with and vanquished at the end.

1 Corinthians 15:25-28

25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

Revelation 21
21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.
4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

If God had used evolution over millions of years there would have been millions of years of death. I hardly think God would have used his enemy to help him create and then call it "very good" once he had finished. No all of God's enemies are linked to Satan and evolution is of Satan, it is creation without God, with death seen as normal and man seen as an animal. Evolution is as corrupt as the corupt world it is based upon.

Romans 8
19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God. 22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.

Subjected to frustration not created in frustration. It went from one state-to another state.
This corrupt world is not the key to the past since the past was not corupt, this is the present.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You will find it difficult to get your questions answered when people keep posting evolution information even after you have said you don't wish for that.
If people wish to avoid hearing about evolution, they shouldn't post questions about evolution in the Creation and Theistic Evolution forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If people wish to avoid hearing about evolution, they shouldn't post questions about evolution in the Creation and Theistic Evolution forum.

So where do you suggest a question about creation should be posted if not in the forum with Creation in the title? It makes no difference from what I have seen if people post in either sub area. There is no creation discussion area.

Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So where do you suggest a question about creation should be posted if not in the forum with Creation in the title? It makes no difference from what I have seen if people post in either sub area. There is no creation discussion area.
People post the exact same thing in both sub areas. If it wasn’t supposed to be posted here, then idk where else it would be posted. @Blaise N probably didn’t expect this to turn into an argument about evolution, and creationists would not even consider the question a question about evolution. But it seems that all people do on cf is argue. Not sure if this is true, but I heard that cf was started by atheists to get Christians to argue with each other.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People post the exact same thing in both sub areas. If it wasn’t supposed to be posted here, then idk where else it would be posted. @Blaise N probably didn’t expect this to turn into an argument about evolution, and creationists would not even consider the question a question about evolution. But it seems that all people do on cf is argue. Not sure if this is true, but I heard that cf was started by atheists to get Christians to argue with each other.

Unless that can be substantiated (started by atheists) that makes it rumour. I wouldn't delve into that.

There is a lot of argument but not in every area. I do wish there was less argument and more general chat and Bible study though. The amount of argument is sad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the Creationism subforum of this forum. That's why it's there. I don't post there.

Well you are not like everybody else then because if we post there we get flooded with evolution.So since it seems to not matter where we post we probably stopped checking.

Upvote 0

Tolkien R.R.J

Jul 23, 2018
Virginia
✟74,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi everyone,

I’ve been pondering this question I thought up about 3 weeks ago,and I’d like to hear everyone’s opinion,feel free to correct me,as I would love more insight on it.

Though I pay no attention to them,many skeptics claim that not “all the animals of the world could fit in the ark” but I came up with this.Is it possible,like us humans that have free will; that simpler animals existed prior to the flood and after the flood,God cared for them and more species came about from the breeding they have done?

I’d like to add,like I’ve said before,I don’t believe in evolution,natural selection,the Big Bang,or a multiverse.I disdain all of those theories,and am very against atheists.I’m not trying to unify worldly wisdom and Godly wisdom.I’m simply asking.

Speciation
Is speciation different from evolution? - creation.com
Speciation Questions and Answers - creation.com
Refuting Evolution 2 chapter 4: Argument: Natural selection leads to speciation - creation.com

Upvote 0