Could Christianity Survive Without The Bible??.......

Tim Myers

Mar 26, 2011
✟2,382.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In one way, this is a rather silly question.......

But, in another way, it is not so silly.

I believe it is something to seriously think about......

Could Christianity survive without the Bible??

If every last Bible in the entire world were destroyed somehow, would Christianity endure??

I believe so........................

Yet, I have often discussed something like this with others who have emphatically asserted that it would be an impossibility.......

Without the Bible, they have said, there would be nothing to base Christianity upon.....there would be no foundation for Christianity to rest on, according to some.......

What do you think??...........

John Stefanyszyn

Feb 28, 2011
✟670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Mr. Myers,

You have put forth a hypothetical situation which will not come to be since the Creator God and Our Father has said that His Word will not will not be destroyed.

Before the writting of the scriptures, prophets spoke God's Word.

The important point is, instead, that the Word of God will be, and is, misused by Satan and man as to give his way the semblance of righteousness and will be perverted to support Satan's way of self-will and self-interest, which man has embraced and is promoting as the teaching of peace and universal rights. This teaching quotes scripture and, at the same time, dictates that the belief in the true God and His Christ is a "religion" among other religions. This is blasphemy! What is sad to see is that many, if not all, "Christian" churches support, embrace, and promote this belief without realizing that they have placed another belief above the True and Only God. The warnings that Our King and Savior gave to the 7 churches describe this exact condition (i.e. left their first love, Nicolaitians, Balaam, Jezebel, lukewarm, etc).

Christ gave a warning of punishment to those that would go against or change the meaning of the Word of God. A warning is given when there is a possibility of the tresspass to take place....and it has.

Wish you well and not to be deceived by man's way which all glorify for its "righteousness".

I pray that you will stand for Christ, Our King and Savior, Son of God....and Him Only!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ghendricks63

Feb 25, 2011
✟1,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In some respects maybe even better. The belief that the bible is divine itself and to be referred to as "the word" is blasphemous IMO. For generations we have taught that it is the ultimate source of truth in the world when the bible itself states Jesus is the Word and the Spirit of Truth is the ultimate source of truth. We have taken what was intended only to lead us to Christ and made it almost a substitute for God.

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would of course survive, but I feel spending time in the word is like spiritual nourishment. Without food, we become anorexic. We can become rather spiritually anorexic without spending time in the word.

God uses the Bible to help us learn about his ways. But God uses many ways to teach us, the Bible is just one of the biggies. :)

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In some respects maybe even better. The belief that the bible is divine itself and to be referred to as "the word" is blasphemous IMO. For generations we have taught that it is the ultimate source of truth in the world when the bible itself states Jesus is the Word and the Spirit of Truth is the ultimate source of truth. We have taken what was intended only to lead us to Christ and made it almost a substitute for God.

Logos tou Theou (λογος του Θεου) is not the word of God as Chsrist...Christ cannot be ONLY word of God... in our OWN undertanding of word...as the word :Bible... Or then Chrsit is what is written in a book... God is bigger than the Bible; Christ is bigger than the Bible.

the "word of God " as of Christ is God's 'word" communication with us expressed through his Son prophesy included; words we speak in behalf of God included every 'gift from above" included...All is God but not all that it IN the bible is ONLY who God is ;) That is my take on this.

Also yeah if we did not had the Bible God would have found other means fro communication His eternal Truths to us ;):amen:

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

If every last Bible in the entire world were destroyed somehow, would Christianity endure??

Yet, I have often discussed something like this with others who have emphatically asserted that it would be an impossibility.......

Without the Bible, they have said, there would be nothing to base Christianity upon.....there would be no foundation for Christianity to rest on, according to some.......

I think... that Chrisianity would survive.. but since God chose to speak to
us through His Word (Scripture here) then it's a great treasure to us.

We would be spiritually weak because man lives by every word that proceeds
from the mouth of God so we'd be short a whole lotta teachings!
Everything I know about God I've learned through the Scriptures,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brak

Jan 12, 2011
✟16,544.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You have put forth a hypothetical situation which will not come to be since the Creator God and Our Father has said that His Word will not will not be destroyed.

I tend to concur with this. It's a very odd "what-if" scenario. But it's a significant one nonetheless. If God didn't provide the Bible to His Church, He would have provided something else. The majority of history, most people couldn't even read. So God provided priests. Then the priests went corrupt. So God sent people like Martin Luther, William Tyndale, the apostles, Jesus Christ himself on the First Coming (and probably the second as well). He takes care of His Church; that's the bottom line. The Bible is just a means to that end. Praise God, we are that end.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic

What if it was discredited [the bible's authenticity] so bad that it made a massive indentation amount of believer's left.. would you remain?

Upvote 0

Sabbath-Keeper777

Apr 21, 2011
The Prison Planet
✟294.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Oh sure. It would just go back to the dark ages, where for 1000 years no one was even allowed to read the Bible. Hey without scripture the Pope could always make something up, like one of the many trinities that has existed in the past. Horus, Isis, Osiris, or maybe Zeus, Apollo, and Athena. Yeah that's probably the one, right along with the revival of everything else that is Greek.

Upvote 0

Tim Myers

Mar 26, 2011
✟2,382.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"What if it was discredited [the bible's authenticity] so bad that it made a massive indentation amount of believer's left.. would you remain?"

Yes...because, luckily, my faith in, belief in, and trust in God is not entirely based on the Bible.......
In fact, it is based more so on personal experience and in ways that I believe and trust that God has revealed His reality to me.....
Ways that, to me, go far, far beyond the realm of mere coincidence.....

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It would survive, but after awhile, it would be different...think of the Bible as a blueprint...without a blueprint but with just general plans, two different builders would build the same house, but they would not be identical...after,say two generations of builders,the houses would further differ than the original,plus, more than likely made from completely different materials. Those houses would be based on the same plan, but may be better than the original ,or even worse.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
Oh sure. It would just go back to the dark ages, where for 1000 years no one was even allowed to read the Bible. Hey without scripture the Pope could always make something up, like one of the many trinities that has existed in the past. Horus, Isis, Osiris, or maybe Zeus, Apollo, and Athena. Yeah that's probably the one, right along with the revival of everything else that is Greek.
Good point... back to the darkening of man's minds ... and the wickedness that follows....

Upvote 0