Visit site
✟83,577.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the beginning, in the Garden of Eden, there was no sin and no sickness. After the fall, sickness and death happened. Micah 6 affirmed this positive correlation:

13 So also I will make you [Israelites] sick, striking you down, Desolating you because of your sins.
Sicknesses appeared after sins had appeared.

Jesus spoke to some scribes in Mark 2:

8b “Why do you question these things in your hearts? 9 Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Rise, take up your bed and walk’?
Jesus healed the paralytic by forgiving his sins.

On the other hand, Jesus stated a non-correlation in John 9:

1 As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” 3 Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him.
Let proposition P1 = if a person sins, he will get sick.

P1 is false, i.e., P1 is not universally true for everyone without exceptions.

Broadly speaking, there is a positive correlation between sin and sickness. In specific cases, however, the correlation could be 0.

Reactions: Daniel Marsh

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the beginning, in the Garden of Eden, there was no sin and no sickness. After the fall, sickness and death happened. Micah 6 affirmed this positive correlation:

Sicknesses appeared after sins had appeared.

Jesus spoke to some scribes in Mark 2:

Jesus healed the paralytic by forgiving his sins.

On the other hand, Jesus stated a non-correlation in John 9:

Let proposition P1 = if a person sins, he will get sick.

P1 is false, i.e., P1 is not universally true for everyone without exceptions.

Broadly speaking, there is a positive correlation between sin and sickness. In specific cases, however, the correlation could be 0.
Well, I have not taken a propositional logic class. A guy here discussed about diseases such as autism with me a few months ago. He says because Adam & Eve sinned after the Devil tempted mankind, disease made it into humans, but God gave silver linings to some diseases, and that autism may make it more difficult, but God understands, and knows the road is steep, but is all the more proud of folks with disabilities overcoming obstacles which non-disabled folks may find mundane and easy. And I have overcome those obstacles. It is still 2x more difficult to make friends, and 2x as difficult to read social cues, but God can help me overcome these things through God's power.

While diseases in dinosaurs have been dated to 77 million years ago, long before the first humans were created by God, maybe because of the sin of man, entropy entered the universe retro-causally.

Entropy verse
Psalm 102:25-26: In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands.They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. Like clothing you will change them and they will be discarded.

Dino cancer: https://www.npr.org/2020/08/04/899060875/scientists-discover-malignant-cancer-in-a-dinosaur
Retrocausality: Retrocausality: How backwards-in-time effects could explain quantum weirdness

• Useful
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,577.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but is all the more proud of folks with disabilities overcoming obstacles which non-disabled folks may find mundane and easy. And I have overcome those obstacles. It is still 2x more difficult to make friends, and 2x as difficult to read social cues, but God can help me overcome these things through God's power.
Amen. See People with disabilities.

While diseases in dinosaurs have been dated to 77 million years ago, long before the first humans were created by God,
Right. See Adam, Eve, and Evolution.

maybe because of the sin of man, entropy entered the universe retro-causally.
See Sin, chaos, and entropy and follow up there :)

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

John 9

Easy-to-Read Version

Jesus Heals a Man Born Blind​

9 While Jesus was walking, he saw a man who had been blind since the time he was born. 2 Jesus’ followers asked him, “Teacher, why was this man born blind? Whose sin made it happen? Was it his own sin or that of his parents?”
3 Jesus answered, “It was not any sin of this man or his parents that caused him to be blind. He was born blind so that he could be used to show what great things God can do. 4 While it is daytime, we must continue doing the work of the one who sent me. The night is coming, and no one can work at night. 5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”
6 After Jesus said this, he spit on the dirt, made some mud and put it on the man’s eyes. 7 Jesus told him, “Go and wash in Siloam pool.” (Siloam means “Sent.”) So the man went to the pool, washed and came back. He was now able to see.
8 His neighbors and some others who had seen him begging said, “Look! Is this the same man who always sits and begs?”
9 Some people said, “Yes! He is the one.” But others said, “No, he can’t be the same man. He only looks like him.”
So the man himself said, “I am that same man.”
10 They asked, “What happened? How did you get your sight?”
11 He answered, “The man they call Jesus made some mud and put it on my eyes. Then he told me to go to Siloam and wash. So I went there and washed. And then I could see.”
12 They asked him, “Where is this man?”
He answered, “I don’t know.”

Upvote 0