Feb 14, 2004
Arizona
✟12,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
CotpicGirl said:
I'm not that familiar with Catholicism, so I'm not exactly sure as to what you mean by a "Coptic Vatican". What would that entail?

God Bless

Well, "Roman Catholic" means... uhm, simply Roman. Meaning, the Pope lives in Rome. Does the Coptic Pope live in Egypt? Is Egypt the Coptic "headquarters"?

Upvote 0

CopticGirl

Feb 25, 2005
✟1,398.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well, "Roman Catholic" means... uhm, simply Roman. Meaning, the Pope lives in Rome. Does the Coptic Pope live in Egypt? Is Egypt the Coptic "headquarters"?

Oh, that's all your asking? Yes, the Pope lives in Egypt. Here is a picture of the Cathedral in Egypt, where the Pope resides.

Upvote 0

feo

Angels Fall First
Feb 14, 2004
Arizona
✟12,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
CotpicGirl said:

Oh, that's all your asking? Yes, the Pope lives in Egypt. Here is a picture of the Cathedral in Egypt, where the Pope resides.

That place is pretty pimpin. But the only Coptic Church I was able to go inside... was "St George Church" in Heliopolis.

Upvote 0

Globalnomad

Senior Veteran
Apr 2, 2005
Change countries every three years
✟16,257.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Vatican is a special sort of arrangement, because - due to historical reasons - it is an independent State. It's not as if a Pope HAD to be the head of an independent State. Pope Shenouda lives as a bishop or a patriarch would in any other Church.

If you can get Egyptian TV on your satellite dish where you live, watch the Coptic Easter vigil, three weeks from now - I suppose it will be in that cathedral - Egyptian TV (even though it's officially a Muslim country) has been carrying it live every year for a while now.

Upvote 0

domi

I reject your reality and subsitute my own!
Oct 18, 2004
New York
✟22,029.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
could u use abduna to adress the pope or does that just work for preist? ANd how old r u cuz i want to call someone taunte :) And ur icon..coptic girls icon..is that from the siting of saint mary on top of the coptic churhc in egypt? I thought that was so cool. Did u get to see it?

Upvote 0

CopticGirl

Feb 25, 2005
✟1,398.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
domi said:
could u use abduna to adress the pope or does that just work for preist? ANd how old r u cuz i want to call someone taunte :) And ur icon..coptic girls icon..is that from the siting of saint mary on top of the coptic churhc in egypt? I thought that was so cool. Did u get to see it?

This post is kinda...funny. :) Why do you want to call someone taunte?? I'm not old enough to be called that yet! Yes my avatar is of St. Mary when she appeared in Zeitoun, Egypt, but no I was not their to see it.

Abouna is generally used for priests. But abouna means "our father" and Pope is also another word for papa=father.

So how do you know all of this stuff?

God Bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

domi

Oct 18, 2004
New York
✟22,029.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
CotpicGirl said:
This post is kinda...funny. :) Why do you want to call someone taunte?? I'm not old enough to be called that yet! Yes my avatar is of St. Mary when she appeared in Zeitoun, Egypt, but no I was not their to see it.

Abouna is generally used for priests. But abouna means "our father" and Pope is also another word for papa=father.

So how do you know all of this stuff?

God Bless.

I want to call someone taunte because it's a awesome name and my taunte is mad at me and now i'm depressed so i figured the best thing to do would be to froget about it and find another taunte. It's weird i know.

That's so cool that ur Avatior is of that i saw that on tv and i though it was so awsome. Then of course i was relay bummed that i wasn't there. Lol but hey i guss i can't win them all. To bad u didn't get to see it either.

That's for cleaning that Abduna sutff up for me. That's cool. I like the word Abouna hehehe so that's cool i can use it or a pope 2.

I know all this stuff b cuz after converting to Islam I met my buddy Hany and i started asking him questions about stuff in Christanty that i didn't understand and he's coptic so basicly now the stuff i know baout Chirstniaty is mostly about Coptic Christanity.

If your interested u can find those Forums at saintmaryofsac.org by clicking on the fourms tab.

I hope that helps.

Upvote 0

CopticGirl

Feb 25, 2005
✟1,398.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I know all this stuff b cuz after converting to Islam I met my buddy Hany and i started asking him questions about stuff in Christanty that i didn't understand and he's coptic so basicly now the stuff i know baout Chirstniaty is mostly about Coptic Christanity.

So what religion are you now? You're icon is an EO one, but all you know about Christianity is Coptic?

God Bless

Upvote 0

CopticGirl

Feb 25, 2005
✟1,398.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
domi said:
i guss i would be coptic orthodox hence the EO i'm gussing that's orthodox..icon.

Well I'm happy to hear that you are not Muslim. By EO I meant Eastern Orthodox. The Coptic Church is part of the Oriental Orthodox Churches. You should change your icon then. They have one for our church. :)

Do you attend a Coptic Orthodox Church? If not I can help you find one in your area. There are a few websites that have lists of the Coptic Orthodox Churches in each area.

God Bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

domi

Oct 18, 2004
New York
✟22,029.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
no i don't, i have no idea where to find one. I would realy be thrilled if i could find a coptic orthodx church in my area. I would like to meet other people and become part of a youth group. It would be great if u could help me find one. Shokren O btw did u get a chance to look at the fourms i sent u?

In christ
-Domi

Upvote 0

CopticGirl

Feb 25, 2005
✟1,398.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well tell me what state you live in and I'll tell you where you can find a church and the contact info for it. The youth groups in the COC's are excellent. They really do help the youth a lot and provide all sorts of events to get you involved.

I haven't had too much of a chance to look at the forum, but I definately will.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

domi

Oct 18, 2004
New York
✟22,029.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I live in NY state. But the only problem i have is that i live in the country..i'll give u the zipcode but i dun feal like posting it for the wole world..and the only coptic churches i'm able to find are all the way upstate in brookin. :'( Thanks for ur help.

-Domi

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.