Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nathan8906 said:
It doesn't matter much to me...
I'm not doing anything wrong.
neither am i. does that mean i shouldn't care if the police want to look in my house or business if they don't have a warrant? of course not. in the united states, we have a constitutionally guaranteed right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure.

i don't have anything illegal in my dorm room, but you can be sure if a law official knocked on my door asking to search it without a warrant, he'd get that door slammed back in his face.

Upvote 0

d0c markus

The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few
Oct 30, 2003
✟3,060.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
theeyesoftammyfaye said:
neither am i. does that mean i shouldn't care if the police want to look in my house or business if they don't have a warrant? of course not. in the united states, we have a constitutionally guaranteed right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure.

i don't have anything illegal in my dorm room, but you can be sure if a law official knocked on my door asking to search it without a warrant, he'd get that door slammed back in his face.
I have a feeling this will be declared unconstitutional but i have to wonder how many more court decisions are going to keep testing the waters.

Politicians these days seem to be like little babies, pushing the envelope just a little bit each time to see what they can get away with.

Upvote 0

Science Girl

Mar 27, 2004
✟163.00
Faith
Christian
I am thinking, though it may be against the Constitution and may be the anti-thesis to freedom, Lousiana may be quite happy with a non-free state. If the majority were against it, the state politicians would have no choice but to repeal the law or face losing re-elections.

Plus, in today's times of war, I think most americans don't really care anyway. They will make Constitutional sacrifices and sacrifices on freedom for percieved feelings ofsecurity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marissa

Feb 15, 2004
✟16,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Science Girl said:
I am thinking, though it may be against the Constitution and may be the anti-thesis to freedom, Lousiana may be quite happy with a non-free state. If the majority were against it, the state politicians would have no choice but to repeal the law or face losing re-elections.

Most people have major problems with non-free states when it's their freedom that is being attacked. It's a shame that they're only concerned with their own freedom and not their neighbours as well.

Upvote 0

Science Girl

Mar 27, 2004
✟163.00
Faith
Christian
Marissa said:
Most people have major problems with non-free states when it's their freedom that is being attacked. It's a shame that they're only concerned with their own freedom and not their neighbours as well.

Well, I think hypocrisy is just human nature, it's how God made us, I suppose.

Upvote 0

d0c markus

The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few
Oct 30, 2003
✟3,060.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Marissa said:
Havent you heard? Today's motto is 'survival of the fittest' all the while people think 'what's in it for me?'

Upvote 0

JohnCJ

Mar 17, 2004
✟982.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Nathan8906 said:
It doesn't matter much to me...
I'm not doing anything wrong.
Your TV being on to loud is enough to execute a search now, or how about and argument with a family member, or a dog barking or doggy accidents on the lawn, does it hit home yet, anything that looks wierd can prompt a search.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnCJ

Mar 17, 2004
✟982.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Science Girl said:

Plus, in today's times of war, I think most americans don't really care anyway. They will make Constitutional sacrifices and sacrifices on freedom for percieved feelings ofsecurity.
'from my cold dead hands!!'-Chuck Heston

Upvote 0

Marissa

Feb 15, 2004
✟16,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Science Girl said:
Well, I think hypocrisy is just human nature, it's how God made us, I suppose.

*disbelief*

So it's okay then? Got any scripture to back that up?

Hypocrisy in this case can also be known as selfishness. That's a part of human nature, but it's certainly not how God wants us to be.

Upvote 0

Science Girl

Mar 27, 2004
✟163.00
Faith
Christian
Marissa said:
*disbelief*

So it's okay then? Got any scripture to back that up?

Hypocrisy in this case can also be known as selfishness. That's a part of human nature, but it's certainly not how God wants us to be.

It's not how God wants us to be, but I think that' show he made us. Its confusing, but i think god made us to be tempted to do evil, but also gave us will power. I guess the struggle between the two forces is what makes us understand Gods' Big Plan.

Upvote 0