conversion to your faith

Jun 26, 2011
✟7,722.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
hello,

I am born catholic and I would like to be converted to your faith. However I have got bad influences from catholic people, and i feel a lot of the catholic church is connected to Satan. When I said that I wanted to leave the catholic church, they said often this would be a mortal sin, which could lead me to hell.

they also say that the church is the body of the christ, and they cite Matt 16:18-19 which gives full authority to the apostle Peter and protects apparently the church from Hell.
they say that the catholic church is the only church established by Christ

would you be so kind to help me to fight these ideas so that I can join your Church?

thank you for your understanding.

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Leaving the Roman Catholic church will not send you to hell. What sends us to hell is unbelief in our Lord and Savior Jesus, the Christ, who died on the cross in our place for the forgiveness of our sins. Those who reject Him, damn themselves.

The body of Christ is made up of many believers and the RC church is not the sole body of Christ. Have you read what Matthew 16:18-19 says? Read up a couple more verses where it says this:
15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

Do you see now the connection? Jesus is saying that because of the proclamation of faith that Peter gave, that it is the rock that the church will be built. Faith in Christ Jesus is the rock. Faith protects us from hell. We are saved by grace through faith in Him.

Upvote 0

doulos_tou_kuriou

Located at the intersection of Forde and Giertz
Apr 26, 2006
MinneSO-TA. That's how they say it here, right?
✟17,424.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
hello,

I am born catholic and I would like to be converted to your faith. However I have got bad influences from catholic people, and i feel a lot of the catholic church is connected to Satan. When I said that I wanted to leave the catholic church, they said often this would be a mortal sin, which could lead me to hell.

they also say that the church is the body of the christ, and they cite Matt 16:18-19 which gives full authority to the apostle Peter and protects apparently the church from Hell.
they say that the catholic church is the only church established by Christ

would you be so kind to help me to fight these ideas so that I can join your Church?

thank you for your understanding.

the good news is that Christ alone saves and sets us free, he does that through his church. No one can take ownership of Christ's church. It knows not the borders of denominations, wherever his word of promise if proclaimed and his sacraments of baptism and lord's supper are administered according to the gospel--there is the church.

The keys do not belong to Peter, they belong to the church (see Matthew 18) to all believers in Christ. Damnation is not based on denominational affiliation but a lack of faith. Denominationalism should therefore be based on preservation of the Word of God so as to ensure the working of God in creating faith. Paul says it plainly, we are saved by faith apart from works. We are not saved by where we go or what we do, we are saved by nothing else than the life, death, and resurrection of Christ (which faith clings to).

Coming to Lutheranism is not "leaving the one true church" it is seeking a place where the ministry of the church is offered so that one might believe in what God has done and continues to do. You are not leaving the church, you are coming to a church that stakes itself on what God does--with Christ at the center.

What has more authority on the life of the Christian and the Church? It is the word of God, so long as the word itself is efficacious than the word itself determines the boundaries of the church--again, where it is proclaimed and where the sacraments are done in accord with it-that is the church.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hello,

I think you may be taking it to an extreme to connect the RCC to Satan. They teach false doctrines that are damaging to the one true faith, but so do a lot of other churchs. This doesn't mean that they are really tools of Satan.

they also say that the church is the body of the christ,

It is but they are mistaking a visible church with the invisible church of all believers. Roman Catholics and Eastern Orthodox are big on this idea that Christ founded a VISIBLE church held together by common leadership.

Lutherans belive Christ founded an invisible church held together by a common teaching. Namely the teachings of the holy scriptures.

and they cite Matt 16:18-19 which gives full authority to the apostle Peter and protects apparently the church from Hell.

Lutherans belive that Christ was founding his church on the rock of Peter's confession of faith, not on Peter himself as a person. Does it make sense that Christ would found his church on another person or does it make sense that Christ would found his church on a FAITH?

Why do you need to necessarily "fight the ideas". Its good to have an understanding of why we disagree, but you don't have to fight with anyone to join a confessional Lutheran church. You only need to confess the faith as we understand it.

Upvote 0