Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is just a thread with conversion stories from the you tube and the internet... If there is a similar one that deals with this topic it can be merged... Thank you.
I thought that story was a good one :) This is not for debate of course...

Enjoy ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVRkjkxF3gk

Josiah14

Make your sole goal acquisition of the Holy Spirit
Aug 12, 2008
United States of America
✟16,224.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
"The wind blows where it wants to, and you hear its sound, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."
-John 3:8, Jesus's dialogue with Nicodemus-

That pretty much sums up my conversion experience. I don't know, really, what happened. I just saw Orthodoxy through new eyes and I knew it is the Truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: ma2000
Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
How much more joy one feels to "re-discover" their own faith? That is what happened to my father....

A raised EO and later in his early adulthood agnostic. He got married of course to another EO (in Greece your chances of marrying someone non-orthodox are slim ;)) so upon marrying her he declaired he is not a church goer... My mother was always a firm believer herself sometimes thought she was married to a "pagan" (hehe) obviously not a "church goer". His mother (my grandma) was ultra religious of course with miracles taking place in her own life time. I seems like his life was following a "senario" we have seen so often...The pious mother and the rebellious son... the non-believer at least the one who doubts everything. My father served in the army during the german occupation and he never thought twice about church altough a theist himself never 'knowing' who that God truly is...In one point of his life he had a serious surgery and a miracle that proved to him the existance of God and Theotokos as now she came to him and graced him with her presence... She told him that he will come out of surgery and when he asked for her name she did told him that she was the "Damasta" or a certain monastery he had never heard of or new it existance.... To make a long story short, he came to see that Theotokos of the icon in the icon of the actual Damasta and tears came down his eyes. Today he still goes to the Monastery every single year on its feast day... He has become a church goer a person of prayer and his doubts have vanished. The Ever Virgin has given him faith into her Son and her God. I wanted to offer this as a part of my dad's devortion and indeed conversion to show that among "faithfull" or baptized EO we have also conversion stories that are as important and point to one thing:

To never really think of ourselves "converted" as the process of conversion is a life time process. We are all struggling to overcome some time our disbelief to Him our God. Belief not only that Orthodoxy is the true faith but also that our God is the true Lord and Saviour. Amen.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟870,015.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Wow, I liked that; lots of good points made.

Toward the end of the third video, it sounds like the host says "that's why this television program exists". Does anyone know what she meant, or what TV program this is?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.