Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi Brethren and fellow Saints. I have a question firstly I still live at home with 1 family member and 1 relative. I'm pretty consistently accused by the 1 relative and the 1 relative pretty regularly is tough with me and holds past behavior against me calling it "holding me accountable" and sets nice little snares for me in the name of asking for help and also loses patience somewhat regularly. This has gone on for about 5 or more years is it just time to get out from this place? To me this is behavior from someone who does not have The Holy Spirit and is really making me miserable.

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi Brethren and fellow Saints. I have a question firstly I still live at home with 1 family member and 1 relative. I'm pretty consistently accused by the 1 relative and the 1 relative pretty regularly is tough with me and holds past behavior against me calling it "holding me accountable" and sets nice little snares for me in the name of asking for help and also loses patience somewhat regularly. This has gone on for about 5 or more years is it just time to get out from this place? To me this is behavior from someone who does not have The Holy Spirit and is really making me miserable.
No one can make you miserable.....
I realize the situation is less than desirable, but you are still in control of your thinking.

Just keep in mind, it is always a spiritual battle. The adversary (in a general sense) uses pleasure or pain in attempts to distract us from who we are in Christ. But greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. (1Jo 4:4b)

Don’t react to the set-ups.... but rather, ask God how to act (respond)…. and walk in wisdom. When you are walking with God ....you control the situation.... as opposed the reacting to the situations.

Saint Jared Bell
Saint Jared Bell
I do that. And when I tried to respond in a Godly manner and do the right thing my dad got enraged at me and bowed up on me and threatened me.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'd just ignore their accusations ... they evidentially don't understand the forgiveness of the Lord and the regenerating of the spirit .... you do!

As far as moving out ?? If you can't ignore their lack of understanding ... then that might be a viable option. We are called to live in peace.

I'm not who I once was but am not yet who I will become to be .... so am (we all are) in the state of becoming. ;o)

May the Lord bring you peace.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,456.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Unless the relative is going to change their behaviour, the response is going to be up to you.

First of all you can pray about it, and maybe get counselling from a more professional outfit than us.

Is there any possibility you could be more assertive in your responses to the relative?

You also need to take stock of your resources. Whose home are you living in - your own, the family member's, the relatives's or are you all renting?

Can you afford to move? And if so, where would you go?

We don't know much about your background, so it's difficult to give a useful answer, and even then you'd need to weigh it up in the balance.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
28 is that your age? I would say it's time to move out & be on your own.
I have 2 single sisters who are living in their own apts. The one does not make much money but found a small apt on the lower cost for the area.
There are people who rent out rooms if you can't afford an apt.
Best to you.

Upvote 0