• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Constructor Theory

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by J_B_, May 9, 2021.

1. J_B_

J_B_ Active Member

+136
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Anyone here familiar with constructor theory?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. 4UallPraise

4UallPraise disabled entertainment

+17
    Canada
    Nazarene
    Celibate
    Constructing a theory using more than one law of translatation from beginning to end is counter productive. Fi one law of translation translate the literal history and the next level of translation is moral, and the ideal level of translation reveals God. Any information given statement must adhere to one or the other. Translation laws of prophesy have the same rules of interpretation just like personal references would too (fruit of a tree)

3. J_B_

J_B_ Active Member

+136
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Is this a "yes" answer to my question? I ask because I don't understand your post.

4. 4UallPraise

4UallPraise disabled entertainment

+17
    Canada
    Nazarene
    Celibate
    no :sorry:

5. J_B_

J_B_ Active Member

+136
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Uh. OK.

6. SelfSim

SelfSim A non "-ist"

+1,088
    Humanist
    Private
    Nope.
    Reads more like a computer modelling/programming approach than a Physical foundational concept, to me(?)

7. J_B_

J_B_ Active Member

+136
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Is the link your first read about it? You could be right, as I do believe the proponents come from the field of quantum computing. But let's not be too quick to dismiss the possibilities of cross-pollination.

I tried to read some of the technical literature because this is the type of thing that interests me, but it started to sound like jargony hand-waving, so I was wondering if these guys have made any real waves.

8. SelfSim

SelfSim A non "-ist"

+1,088
    Humanist
    Private
    I think I may have stumbled across it in a tangential way a loonng time ago but I don't profess to know, or have subsequently seen anywhere where its made any kind of significant impact that I'm familiar with .. (not that that comment counts for anything much).
    Can't help out much there, unfortunately ..

9. J_B_

J_B_ Active Member

+136
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Thanks anyway.

10. FrumiousBandersnatch

FrumiousBandersnatch Well-Known Member

+6,313
    Atheist
    I've heard about it, but I'm not familiar. AIUI, it's to do with explaining the world in terms of the transitions within and between systems - which transitions are possible and which are not. But I don't know any details or how it is used.

11. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+9,042
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    I read a brief explanation and now I know less than before I even heard of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. J_B_

J_B_ Active Member

+136
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I'll put that one on the shelf and wait a while. The seminal literature has some intriguing phrases, but I could never get beyond them to grasping the kernel of what they're after ... or seeing a practical application.

With these types of "on the fringe" ideas, I sometimes get this creeping feeling that if I were to pursue a discussion with the main proponent, I'd end up in a sunflower field in Colorado talking to some guy and his partner Moonbeam whilst funny smells started to make my head feel strange.

Yet, it still intrigues me for some reason.

13. FrumiousBandersnatch

FrumiousBandersnatch Well-Known Member

+6,313
    Atheist
    Yes, it sounds like something interesting hidden in a confusing semantic web...

14. Ophiolite

Ophiolite Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape

+7,778
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    So it's nothing to do with Lego then?