Logan City
✟757,456.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I had no idea what you were writing about in your OP, but I gather that GD Mansi was an 18th century Italian prelate and historian who composed a massive work on the church councils up to time if the following Wikipedia entry is correct.

Giovanni Domenico Mansi - Wikipedia

I don't know if this next link is any use. It appears to be a bonafide e-book site, and you may be able to download it free. BUT you have to join first. I wasn't interested enough to bother, and didn't want to take the risk.

If you want to pursue it further that's up to you. Likewise I can't guarantee it's been translated into English, but I suppose someone out there made the effort.

Unlimited Downloads

Upvote 0

JJM

Senior Veteran
Apr 4, 2004
Northern Indiana
✟14,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I had no idea what you were writing about in your OP, but I gather that GD Mansi was an 18th century Italian prelate and historian who composed a massive work on the church councils up to time if the following Wikipedia entry is correct.

Giovanni Domenico Mansi - Wikipedia

I don't know if this next link is any use. It appears to be a bonafide e-book site, and you may be able to download it free. BUT you have to join first. I wasn't interested enough to bother, and didn't want to take the risk.

If you want to pursue it further that's up to you. Likewise I can't guarantee it's been translated into English, but I suppose someone out there made the effort.

Unlimited Downloads
Thanks for this. I have a friend who should be able to get a copy of Tanner (the contemporary Mansi) out of Notre Dame's library for me. I'll be seeing him Thursday, but if I need to before then or he hasn't gotten it yet, I'll give this a try.

The original post is about a section of the Second Council of Constantinople, which I need to read in Greek. Mansi edited a text with it in it, but the scan of the Greek cannot be read (at lest by me, maybe someone more fluent could pick out which letter is which).

Upvote 0