Conspiracy - Are Some Theories Accurate?

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
as pressure without a container. Simple as that. It's impossible.
Nope. Take a barometric reading at the base of a mountain, and then walk to a higher elevation and check again. There it is.

Einstein muddled it up. Planets are wandering stars
Nope. They are relatively small, solid bodies. We've sent probes to them, and have begun to explore them. Stars are huge masses of gas that are so massive that gravity has begun fusion within them. We can obtain the distances for the nearer ones by parallax of the Earth's orbit; they are far too massive to be seen at such distances if they were like planets.

I kindly ask please, leave this thread after you prove me wrong again, thank you barb.
If I see something of interest, I'll probably weaken and reply. Sorry.

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Gas pressure without a container. Impossible. Basic hvac, air conditioning systems in homes and vehicles prove this fact. Google and books and physics and science cannot overcome this simple fact. WINNING !!!

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Gas pressure without a container. Impossible.
As I said, take a barometer reading at the base of a mountain, then walk to a higher elevation and take it again. Even better, coordinate two readings at the same time with two people having calibrated barometers in each place. You'll find gas pressure increases as you go downward. No containers though.

Beliefs and convoluted reasoning cannot overcome this simple observation.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So fake it's comical

I liked watching the progress of the low pressure system in the North Atlantic. Coriolis Effect in real time. What's cool is, the air mass was "turning" at what appears to be precisely the same rate as the globe. If it's a simulation, it's an amazingly good one.

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As I said, take a barometer reading at the base of a mountain, then walk to a higher elevation and take it again. Even better, coordinate two readings at the same time with two people having calibrated barometers in each place. You'll find gas pressure increases as you go downward. No containers though.

Beliefs and convoluted reasoning cannot overcome this simple observat
Careers yes, that's what life is all about, congrats (sarcasm). So now you want to talk about barometers and barometric pressure? You lost this debate before you began. Keep talking, amuse me. No gas pressure without a container. Next.

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I liked watching the progress of the low pressure system in the North Atlantic. Coriolis Effect in real time. What's cool is, the air mass was "turning" at what appears to be precisely the same rate as the globe. If it's a simulation, it's an amazingly good one.
I know you liked it yet it's not real. You and all others will see in the end. When we meet in heaven, you can tell me you were wrong.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know you liked it yet it's not real.
I don't think technology has reached the level that it could fit air masses to move in accord to the rotation of the Earth like that. And not just one low, but several of them around the globe. And as you know, it's consistent with things like different weights of the same object at different latitudes, Foucault pedulums, and so on.

Just too much evidence to sweep under the rug.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Careers yes, that's what life is all about, congrats (sarcasm). So now you want to talk about barometers and barometric pressure?
Yep. As you see, air pressure changes with altitude. Because of gravity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
BTW, the proper way is: "[sarcasm]Careers yes, that's what life is all about, congrats[sarcasm]" or "<sarcasm>Careers yes, that's what life is all about, congrats<sarcasm>

It's a 1990s thing; you wouldn't understand.

For me, at least, interesting and engaging work was third after my faith and my family in terms of life fulfillment. Not everyone is like that, poor fellahs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So now you want to talk about barometers and barometric pressure? You lost this debate before you began. Keep talking, amuse me. No gas pressure without a container.
So where is the container around that mountain? The air pressure is directly measurable.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Back in the day, one general, asked about what should be done in the Vietnam mess we were losing, suggested that we declare victory and withdraw.

Don't know what reminded me of that general just now...

Upvote 0

Kale100

Jun 12, 2023
New England
✟12,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think I'm out of line here, this seems like a logical argument to me...
Premise 1) James 2:17, James 2:20, James 2:24, James 2:26, etc. 'faith without works is dead'
Premise 2) Faith in X (in this case flat Earth or whatever else) does not lead to works
Conclusion) Titus 3:9, 2 Timothy 2:16, 1 Timothy 6:20, etc. 'avoid empty/meaningless chatter'

Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't think I'm out of line here, this seems like a logical argument to me...
Premise 1) James 2:17, James 2:20, James 2:24, James 2:26, etc. 'faith without works is dead'
Premise 2) Faith in X (in this case flat Earth or whatever else) does not lead to works
Conclusion) Titus 3:9, 2 Timothy 2:16, 1 Timothy 6:20, etc. 'avoid empty/meaningless chatter'
You're on to something important, I think. The shape of the Earth is not something that will determine your salvation. We should be careful to avoid building idols that separate us from other Christians and from God.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You're on to something important, I think. The shape of the Earth is not something that will determine your salvation. We should be careful to avoid building idols that separate us from other Christians and from God.
I do agree that the shape of the Earth is not something that will determine your salvation.. However, a flat earth destroys Darwinsim.... evolution.... It demands a creator....

Many FE'ers are strong Christians..... now.... they were athiests until they studied and became believers in the FE.

If we live in a "Snow Globe" as Rob Skiba used to call it..... then.... God is real beyond a shadow of a doubt.

AND.... much of the bible makes more sense.... even in ole English.

Upvote 0