Perth, Western Australia
✟14,441.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
I love PC games. I do not even own a console anymore, I kinda miss the racing and fighting games though. I just suck at gaming on a console for some reason. My sister on the other hand prefers to game RPG and all the super awesome games on PS3 and cannot stand the PC versions. Which is it for you and why?

LLLawliet

Tomatoes are evil.
Oct 15, 2013
✟7,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I pick consoles.
AND THE CAKE IS NOT A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D:<
0013b1fec414ffdc9ca3c110a33e05bd1383884394_full.jpg

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
I love PC games. I do not even own a console anymore, I kinda miss the racing and fighting games though. I just suck at gaming on a console for some reason. My sister on the other hand prefers to game RPG and all the super awesome games on PS3 and cannot stand the PC versions. Which is it for you and why?

Both. I got a 360 when I was working full-time and didn't have the time to spend maintaining my laptop so it could handle new games. Being able to pop a disc in without worrying whether the game will play was a huge deal for me, even if the hardware was stuck at DirectX 9 levels.

Mice have finer control for pointing, but I love the 360 trigger controls. Definitely getting a 360 pad for my new gaming rig.

PC gaming is a heavier initial cost, but there is far more diversity in the online markets (you'd never see the kind of deals on XBL Marketplace, which is effectively a monopoly, that you'd see on Steam or gog.com). Plus it is nice being able to mod games or generally fix/delete bits that don't work or you don't like.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I posted this in the other section:
For record I by all the consoles usually each gen so I am not a fanboy of any particular maker (although Dreamcast was amazing). But this gen Xbox Boned (my name for it) looks terrible. Mainly because its not really about games. Heres a just under two minute clip of its conference summed up (I laugh every time):
Xbox One Reveal 2013 Highlights - YouTube

With that mentioned I don't like PS4 as well. Its certainly a better bet then Xbox Boned but I'm getting tired of having to change to a new system every few years. It usually comes with unwelcome changes like loss of old save games, new features that don't let you use old ones....etc. I'm just sticking to the PC master race as they say.

Upvote 0

NiobiumTragedy

Glorious Tragedy
Jun 15, 2009
USA
✟17,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My last actual console I bought new was the N64 (Bought a 360 used and it red ringed in a week). I am a full on PC gamer and I'm happy with that. I like having control over the hardware and having actual evolution as time goes on while still being able to enjoy older games.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For me, It just feels weird using a keyboard and mouse to play games.
I'm just so used to using controllers I guess.
Its weird for me because some games I need a controller for, for others I need a mouse and keyboard for. I know in general alot of shooters can be played with either thing. Back when I cared about COD I prefered it on controller. But some games like Counter Strike: GO I prefer mouse and keyboard for.

Or in some games I use a mixture sort of thing like this. The hand shaped keyboard/controller is awesome on pc, granted I use the mouse to:
zup89d.jpg

8z1qns.jpg

Upvote 0

elephunky

Previously known as dgirl1986
Nov 28, 2007
Perth, Western Australia
✟14,441.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
My sister was laughing her butt off at me last night. I was attempting to play COD Black Ops the player against player map on xbox and I couldnt aim properly because I suck at shooter games on xbox and was just pretty much spraying bullets lol

Upvote 0

MJ Bond

Apr 19, 2012
✟18,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ah yeah, call of duty is all about reaction time. You have about half a second once someone sees you to successfully get your shot off and hit them. It's too fast for me, as I have only one good eye. I prefer slower paced games like fighting and rpgs. But yeah, I'm a jack of all trades. I've played PC and console games, and am good at either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have no idea how people aim on those silly little analog sticks, laser mouse has way more precision.
What happened to pointing a gun at the screen? We had that technology for years, duck hunt anyone?
Same. If I can play a FPS with a mouse I'd rather do it. Even more so if it has MP. I want precision. How people play MP games with a controller and have such good aim is beyond me.

Upvote 0