Considering re-opening Salt of The Earth forum

Would you like to see the Salt of the Earth forum opened again?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Admins and Advisors are looking for input if there is interest in re-opening the Salt of the Earth forum. This poll will help us to be informed on the desires of the Catholic community here.

Would you like to see the Salt of the Earth forum opened again? The Salt of the Earth forum is intended to be a place that Traditionalist and more Conservative Catholics can interact in a Safe House manner. Currently it is a "read only" forum and new content cannot be added.

The what you vote is private, but the results are not.

If the answers for "yes" outweigh the "no" then there will be a few further questions. This poll closes in 7 days.

Last edited:

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I should add, if the "yes" goes through the further questions will be about whether or not to allow discussion of sedevacantism in that forum only, but no matter what it will still be anathema to the main OBOB forum.

Votes on this current open poll can be changed if you wish.

Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I should add, if the "yes" goes through the further questions will be about whether or not to allow discussion of sedevacantism in that forum only, but no matter what it will still be anathema to the main OBOB forum.

Votes on this current open poll can be changed if you wish.
Can it be called a Catholic forum if there is discussion of sedevacantism? This is the problem. All Catholics are supposed to be in union with Rome. It is one thing to disagree with actions of clergy in Church while still in union and another to entertain discussion and ideas that are absolutely outside the faith. I remember the liberal Catholic forum going outside the teachings and disciplines of the Church as well. In the long run, there was a lot of tension and digs been thrown from all directions that made it more trouble than it was worth and was closed. There is only Catholics. Why divide everything up again and allow things that will only add to the confusion yet again? It’s a strange proposition given it’s troubled history.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I think dividing into liberal and conservative sub-fora in the past wasn't all that great. I'm against it for now. At least for the time being. If pope Francis causes a de facto schism them perhaps OK. But not yet while we are still presumably one Church. We should try to engage each other in OBOB main forum and be as charitable as we can there. Not open up new ways to be divided.

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The poll closes in about 2 hours from now. It is currently tied with 6 votes total.
I am hoping a tie is not considered an endorsement of re-opening that sub forum.

• Agree
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am hoping a tie is not considered an endorsement of re-opening that sub forum.
Most likely not, the poll was really to gauge if there was any interest, and there does not seem to be. Honestly. I was hoping for more votes in either direction, 6 is a really low sample size.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for all that voted, to be honest I was hoping for more than 7 votes. However, being that as it is, we will not move forward with opening the other forum again at this time, a single vote in favor is not enough to warrant a mandate. Thank you all for participating.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where is the poll that nobody can see?
The poll closed. It was a tie. 3 votes yes and 3 no. Until someone decided to vote at the last minute and vote yes. So 4 yes. 3 No. again, it was a huge mistake when those forums were created and if they open it will be a mistake. It just sows confusion and division.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
4 to 3. Hardly a mandate. Seven votes isn't indicative of any great interest either. It would have fit me ideologically but then I try unsuccessfully sometimes to not be ideological.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's probably for the best. Despite how I voted, I was looking over the trad sub on Reddit and it's not a great place to be, I wouldn't want the same thing to happen here.

I wonder though, if the poll only got seven votes does that mean we only have seven people regularly checking in here these days?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's probably for the best. Despite how I voted, I was looking over the trad sub on Reddit and it's not a great place to be, I wouldn't want the same thing to happen here.

I wonder though, if the poll only got seven votes does that mean we only have seven people regularly checking in here these days?
I think so Gnarwhal. There is not as many people here as before but look at the whole board. The same applies all over CF.

My concern along with the other things I mentioned on those forums is many people read that stuff in those forums as real Catholic teaching when it was way off the rails. Nobody needs that. There is enough misunderstanding when it comes to Catholicism.

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

We probably do better trying to be Catholic together than Catholic apart.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.