Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Everything about this story is political. :wave:

Nope - nothing political except for it happened to a politician, which does not make it political.

Obama took his shirts to the laundry and they ruined the shirts, would not be a political story.

I recall a bunch of threads posted here where children were dying because they either shot themselves or others with guns - and the resident gun lovers here cried claiming the stories were not political.

Time for more child gun threads.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's almost getting hit by a train? At worst, the cardboard almost got hit - but it looks like it was mostly just blown over by the passing train.

No, he didn't almost get hit, but still, it was pretty stupid. And the timing of it - you couldn't have planned it any better.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Really doesn't matter WHO it was.

It was dumb place to do a press conference even if you are behind the yellow safety line.

lol their sign would have flown even if 'following the safety rules'. Bet you they won't do that again! (snickers)
LOL ... you're more optimistic than I am about their future.

They set up shop on a train platform completely oblivious to safety concerns ... to instruct commoners on how they need to obey safety rules. :tutu:

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
LOL ... you're more optimistic than I am about their future.

They set up shop on a train platform completely oblivious to safety concerns ... to instruct commoners on how they need to obey safety rules. :tutu:

It's not truly dangerous to stand there - the train doesn't extend over the yellow line. Doing that when a freight train goes by is fun. The Acela is kind of nerve-wracking, though.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not truly dangerous to stand there - the train doesn't extend over the yellow line. Doing that when a freight train goes by is fun. The Acela is kind of nerve-wracking, though.

I've done it. It's a bit of a rush. I used to do it fairly often to the subway too. The blast of air is fun. The yellow line is there mainly to keep you from getting so close such that if you trip or are walking and not paying attention, you won't fall onto the tracks.

Upvote 0

Affliction

Jun 26, 2013
Connecticut
✟470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Really doesn't matter WHO it was.

It was dumb place to do a press conference even if you are behind the yellow safety line.

lol their sign would have flown even if 'following the safety rules'. Bet you they won't do that again! (snickers)

As a local resident I can tell you the political significance. In May of last year we found that track defects caused a horrific crash leading to sixty injuries. Since then there have been other crashes, delays, and inspections that rose to how unsafe and horribly maintained our Metro lines were. Then you have the Senator talking about SAFETY? Come on now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums