Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

For those who don't know, Unusual Whales is a stock, options, market-moving news service that provides the most affordable financial tools and services to traders. We focus on market transparency most of all, highlighting unusual trades in the stock market.

One of those fields that are filled with unusual trading is Congressional trading. We are the reason Congress has started acting on Congressional trading and financial conflicts. Our reporting eventually changed Congress, with our 2021 report going viral. ONLY AFTER it went viral, 6 trading bills were banned the next week. Our journalism had a part in changing the world and public perception around politician stock trading.

There is much more within this article which anyone here can read via that web link if you choose to do so.

This article defines and describes SPY stocks.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

For those who don't know, Unusual Whales is a stock, options, market-moving news service that provides the most affordable financial tools and services to traders. We focus on market transparency most of all, highlighting unusual trades in the stock market.

One of those fields that are filled with unusual trading is Congressional trading. We are the reason Congress has started acting on Congressional trading and financial conflicts. Our reporting eventually changed Congress, with our 2021 report going viral. ONLY AFTER it went viral, 6 trading bills were banned the next week. Our journalism had a part in changing the world and public perception around politician stock trading.

There is much more within this article which anyone here can read via that web link if you choose to do so.

This article defines and describes SPY stocks.
I feel advertised at.
(Read the whole post before blathering, Pommer, ol’ chap.)

This “stock-trading by Congress” issue is one of those ones where we’re asking the fox to please don’t eat them chickens they’re guarding.
If there isn’t an absolute clamoring for things to change, it won’t.

This here OP is a fine step along those lines.
Well done!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This “stock-trading by Congress” issue is one of those ones where we’re asking the fox to please don’t eat them chickens they’re guarding.
If there isn’t an absolute clamoring for things to change, it won’t.

This here OP is a fine step along those lines.
Well done!
Thank you. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Not that I trust congresspeople to be perfectly trustworthy, but 1-year results for 2023 are going to look shady because of where the whole market started and ended. Jan 1 2023 was right about where the market ended a 13-month decline and started a year-long rebound. I have one 401k from a previous employer (i.e. that I didn't contribute to at all last year) that's all in tech funds that went up about 48% in 2023.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0