Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Warm and hearty congratulations to our supreme leader, who today became the longest 'serving' monarch in our nation's history.

Granted, she has not had to win re-election during that time, or re-interview for her position, or avoid a wave of redundancies, or survive a coup d'etat.

Actually, now that I think about it, all she has had to do to fulfil this wonderful accomplishment is to not die.

So congratulations to QEII for not dying!

Though actually, if most of us had access to the best healthcare that taxpayers' money can buy, and had never had to do a day's work in our lives, I reckon the majority could have not died for just as long as Liz.

So perhaps this is not such a wonderful achievement after all.

And perhaps the endless hours of sycophantic forelock-tugging coverage on the Beeb and elsewhere ought to make mention of the fact that all she has done is not die. Just a thought....

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
It is kind of surreal isn't it?

I wouldn't say she hasn't worked a day though; I would describe her job as a part-time ambassador(in the loosest sense), part-time visitor, part-time numb-arsed ceremony-sit-through-er and full-time public non-entity(the curse of neutrality).

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Fun Fact

Queen Elizabeth is trained in vehicle mechanics; if her car broke down, she could fix it!

Extending on that; well done Your Majesty.
Yes, Her Majesty (also Queen of Canada) learned vehicle mechanics during World War Two.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Jesus' Follower

ACCOUNT NO LONGER IN USE
Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2015
-
✟59,217.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, Her Majesty (also Queen of Canada) learned vehicle mechanics during World War Two.
You never think it though do you?
Ah, Your Majesty, sorry to trouble you...my car is backfiring, could you help? ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
When there is a new Governor-General of Canada, s/he comes to the UK to visit The Queen. S/he also is usually in attendance when The Queen comes home — yes! — to Canada.

i had no idea.....

Thanks for the info :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesus' Follower

ACCOUNT NO LONGER IN USE
Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2015
-
✟59,217.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i had seen something on the internet yesterday about her birthday, and started a prayer request for her in the Prayer Forum.

If anyone would like a link, let me know.
Yes, please send me the link.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Warm and hearty congratulations to our supreme leader, who today became the longest 'serving' monarch in our nation's history.

Granted, she has not had to win re-election during that time, or re-interview for her position, or avoid a wave of redundancies, or survive a coup d'etat.

Actually, now that I think about it, all she has had to do to fulfil this wonderful accomplishment is to not die.

So congratulations to QEII for not dying!

Though actually, if most of us had access to the best healthcare that taxpayers' money can buy, and had never had to do a day's work in our lives, I reckon the majority could have not died for just as long as Liz.

So perhaps this is not such a wonderful achievement after all.

And perhaps the endless hours of sycophantic forelock-tugging coverage on the Beeb and elsewhere ought to make mention of the fact that all she has done is not die. Just a thought....
When I saw the heading of this thread I thought "wot, really?" and then I read it. Ha. Well said.

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
She's the Queen of Canada?
Yes, she is the Head of State for Canada, and in fact quite a few other countries.

This might seem odd to someone from the US, where it is law that the Head of State must be an American, but in Canada the law states that the Head of State can never be a Canadian.

When there is a new Governor-General of Canada, s/he comes to the UK to visit The Queen. S/he also is usually in attendance when The Queen comes home — yes! — to Canada.
The Governor General is chosen by the Monarch, instead of being elected by the Canadian people. This should not be a source of pride for Canadians.

When I saw the heading of this thread I thought "wot, really?" and then I read it. Ha. Well said.
Oh ye of little faith!

Upvote 0