• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubtingThomas29

Mar 4, 2007
✟9,402.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I feel not too good right now. When my schizophrenic symptoms come on, sometimes I hear voices, but what has been happening lately is that I feel confused. Tonight I feel confused, it is not too bad, but I can tell it feels like I got sun downers, like dementia. It is getting hard to think. I'll probably be better tomorrow, but I don't like feeling this way, and I am going to call my doctor tomorrow, and try to tell him how I feel.

It is like I got a head cold, and my head is all stuffed up. Sometimes my better judgement get's impared when I feel this way, or later on in the week when I don't feel this way. I notice that I have acted irractically at times, and done things I regret later on. Sometimes I don't even regret them until I am thinking clearly again, and look back at what I said or did, and it is just terrible, acting this way and feeling this way.

Does anybody else feel confused at times, like it is hard to think or follow a conversation, or a story on TV even?

Sincerely,

Thomas

DoubtingThomas29

Mar 4, 2007
✟9,402.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hello Everybody,

I felt better yesterday and right now. I am trying to not let my mind wander all day like that, and keep myself occupied.

I figure daydreaming like that just gets me confused by the end of the day, and looking back at it, at work, I think I get so out of it, that at times, it is like I am sleep walking.

So, I am going to try to do less thinking like that, because after all, all I was doing was trying to entertain myself at work, so no more of that.

If I want to think about something and try to figure something out, I'll probably just have to wait till I get to talking on a message board, and put those thoughts out of my mind until then. Otherwise I'll get confused, and it will get hard to think.

Probably when I talk to a therapist on April 17, I'll tell her about my problems, and see what she thinks too. Also, two months from now I'll talk to my psychiatrist.

It is true that life is not easy sometimes, but I don't want to make it harder on myself than it has to be.

Sincerely,

Thomas

Upvote 0

artjack

Jul 19, 2005
✟1,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Everybody,

I felt better yesterday and right now. I am trying to not let my mind wander all day like that, and keep myself occupied.

I figure daydreaming like that just gets me confused by the end of the day, and looking back at it, at work, I think I get so out of it, that at times, it is like I am sleep walking.

So, I am going to try to do less thinking like that, because after all, all I was doing was trying to entertain myself at work, so no more of that.

If I want to think about something and try to figure something out, I'll probably just have to wait till I get to talking on a message board, and put those thoughts out of my mind until then. Otherwise I'll get confused, and it will get hard to think.

Probably when I talk to a therapist on April 17, I'll tell her about my problems, and see what she thinks too. Also, two months from now I'll talk to my psychiatrist.

It is true that life is not easy sometimes, but I don't want to make it harder on myself than it has to be.

Sincerely,

Thomas

if you take life as a whole and know you are to try to follow jesus,it is hard, take each day as it happens, one day at a time, except for to arange positive apointments, keep a diary, perhalps use a mobile phone calander reminder and document your goals along the way one step at a time, then you have less work if you feel it is hard, then that should help a bit.it just means there is order and that leads to peace and in your case perhalps peace of mind.

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thomas, i just had an idea. maybe you should ask therepist or doctor about it: if you have a poor sleep pattern (even for one night)... or skip meals, have late meals, or 'junk foods' as meals; it may cause you to have a harder time mentally. (it sure does for me).
:hug: love dee!

Upvote 0

DoubtingThomas29

Mar 4, 2007
✟9,402.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah Violet thanks for the advice. I do plan to see my therapist next Tuesday at ten AM. I'll be sure to talk to her about what has been going on, and try to get better. I only want to meet for three times though. I am not going to just stay in psycho therapy indefinitely. What ever help she can give me with three sessions, will be appreciated, but after that, I am on my own, and I solve my problems the best way I know how.

Take care,

Thomas

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.