• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Confusing vision?

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by megan_26, Jul 6, 2018.

1. megan_26

megan_26 Member

+365
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Not sure if this thread belongs here so please let me know if it doesn't.

I have the gift of discernment, which is a wonderful gift and I've been trying to use it well. In the past two weeks, I've been trusting God's guidance and things have going smoothly. I have NEVER had a vision or explicitly heard God's voice, always just subtle feelings that I knew were him. But this morning I had a vision.

I was sitting on the edge of my bed, praying. I don't always close my eyes when I pray but something was telling me I needed to close my eyes. As soon as I did, I felt peace and, oddly, joy wash over me. Then I saw the image of a woman. She was very pregnant. She had one hand on top of her stomach and the other hand rubbed her baby bump. She didn't smile, didn't speak, just stared at me.

I have a pretty overactive imagination so when odd things come into my mind, I usually push them out and get refocused on God. I pushed the image out but it returned. It didn't last long, maybe fifteen seconds, but it left me confused. I tried to keep going with my quiet time but it was nagging at the back of my mind so I knew I had to write it down.

Does anyone know what this could mean? Is there a clear cut meaning or is it something more obscure? Am I just crazy? Haha, I have no idea what's going on because I've never had a vision, unless you count God speaking to me sometimes in dreams. But I was wide awake this time!

Thanks all

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Kevin Snow

Kevin Snow Well-Known Member

+789
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Single
    You are single. It could easily be that God is saying that you should bear children for someone. As it says in the scriptures:

Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control. ~1 Timothy 2:15

3. megan_26

megan_26 Member

+365
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I suppose. But that's very hard for me to accept since I'm someone has asked God time and time again to keep me from being a mother...

4. Kevin Snow

+789
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Single
    God can say "No" you know. I just asked God and pleaded with him last night if I could be celibate and he told me "NO".

It's not about our will but God's will and that is what discernment is all about. If you are discerning God's will then you are truly discerning. All other discernment is selfish.

5. megan_26

megan_26 Member

+365
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I wasn't saying that he couldn't say no. I understand that God's will is hardly ever our will. I'm just saying that if he does want me to bear children, it's going to be hard for me to accept

6. Kevin Snow

+789
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Single
    That may be the case but if you put God first in your life, you won't find it to be too hard.

Continue to put him and his will first, not your own.