Confederates Win! If Stonewall doesn't die.

Confederates Win: If Stonewall doesn't die?

• Yes! They win hands down.

• No!

• Probably, but just how sneaky can the CSA be?

• Probably not, the yankees have too much steel/men...

• Don't know. I'll just be a carpetbagger.

Results are only viewable after voting.

stephenc

Euphemystic
Nov 19, 2006
✟21,782.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I suppose this is based on Lee's supposed remark about Gettysburg:

"If Stonewall had been here, we'd have won.", or something like that.

We know nothing of the never was; but personally I don't think the South could ever have "won" the civil war without some kind of fluke circumstance occuring, i.e. some antagonism with Britain over searching cargo vessels breaks out into hostility, or some other incident.

The North simply had more resources; and the south never really "brought the battle" to Northern soil, Gettysburg aside.

For what it's worth, I also believe the North had a superior moral force; and that it was a good thing for the world that they did win.

Upvote 0

footballfanatic

Only John Waye Left
Dec 4, 2002
✟18,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Another Confederate General who defeated Union Generals Grant, Colburn, and others and who was famous for the Holly Raid, is General Earl Van Dorn and there is a decent case to be made that if he had not been assasinated that the war could have ended differently. History can be fascinating.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
In Burns' masterpiece, Shelby Foote points out that the Union fought the war with one hand held behind it's back. The annual Harvard/Yale regatta was held every year during the war for example. If the war had started going truly badly, the Union would just have pulled that second arm out.

Upvote 0