May 22, 2008
✟8,551.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
On another thread, Jimbeaux said something that is at the core of WOF beliefs:

Faith is not a formula.
More often than not those “promises” you mention are conditional.

I couldn't agree more! Faith is not a formula. Faith is believing what God says and meeting the conditions.

It is so very true that there are conditions to the promises of God. That is what covenant is all about - there are TWO parties to a covenant. Each party has responsibilities.

This statement Jim made answers WHY many are not healed, many are struggling financially, many do not see the manifestation of the promises in their lives.

If we don't do our part, He can't/won't do His part. HE set it up that way! It actually is pretty dang simple.

IF you love me, keep my commands!

IF you hearken and obey, all these blessings will come upon you!

You will have what you ask IF you believe you receive!

John 3:16 says you will be saved only IF you believe!

Why is it so many believe it the IF only for salvation but not for all the other promises in the Word? For every other promise they scream in rebuttal "WORKS!" "LEGALISM!" "LACK OF GRACE!"

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
On another thread, Jimbeaux said something that is at the core of WOF beliefs:

I couldn't agree more! Faith is not a formula. Faith is believing what God says and meeting the conditions.

It is so very true that there are conditions to the promises of God. That is what covenant is all about - there are TWO parties to a covenant. Each party has responsibilities.

This statement Jim made answers WHY many are not healed, many are struggling financially, many do not see the manifestation of the promises in their lives.

If we don't do our part, He can't/won't do His part. HE set it up that way! It actually is pretty dang simple.

IF you love me, keep my commands!

IF you hearken and obey, all these blessings will come upon you!

You will have what you ask IF you believe you receive!

John 3:16 says you will be saved only IF you believe!

Why is it so many believe it the IF only for salvation but not for all the other promises in the Word? For every other promise they scream in rebuttal "WORKS!" "LEGALISM!" "LACK OF GRACE!"
Who is the sustainer of our walk..?

the covenant..

God or me?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who is the sustainer of our walk..?

the covenant..

God or me?

:thumbsup: Exactly where a whole lot of Word of Faithers miss it.

The only 'if' concerning promises in the Word is 'if' you are in Covenant with God through Jesus Christ. Once that question is answered, then all the promises are yeah and Amen. The only thing left is to accept the gift.

The biggest problems I run into is the huge amount of bad teaching, both in and out of the Word of Faith that puts a condition on what's promised.

• If you have enough faith.
  • If you don't have sin in your life.
  • If it's God's will.
  • If God isn't trying to teach you something.
  • If I see the results of prayer right away.
  • if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if, if,if,if,

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you two do not believe you are saved IF you believe?:confused:
That would mean all are saved. I certainly trust you don't believe that.:o

Dearest Faithful Love -

IF you are saved - then you are in the Covenant - AFTER you are in the covenant, all the promises are yes and amen and not dependent on you, but dependent on the covenant you are in.

Hope that explains further.

Psalm 103 is a good example:

Psalm 103:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Once in the Covenant - (salvation) - It is the Lord who forgives sin, heals diseases, redeems your life, crowns you with livingkindness and tender mercies etc. etc..

Grace is the vehicle for it all. Grace places no conditions on a person, because Grace is unmerited favor - it cannot be earned or purchased.

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Dearest Faithful Love -

IF you are saved - then you are in the Covenant - AFTER you are in the covenant, all the promises are yes and amen and not dependent on you, but dependent on the covenant you are in.

Logically, then, if a person does not receive what they believe they have been promised, then that person must not be in Covenant. Correct?

Once in the Covenant - (salvation) - It is the Lord who forgives sin, heals diseases, redeems your life, crowns you with livingkindness and tender mercies etc. etc..

Who was it who healed and forgave sins before we were in Covenant? :p

Upvote 0

IchoozJC

Dec 5, 2004
✟10,672.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Logically, then, if a person does not receive what they believe they have been promised, then that person must not be in Covenant. Correct?

Who was it who healed and forgave sins before we were in Covenant? :p

Good questions, Tamara. I had the same thoughts reading through. I've heard it said that if a person doesn't recieve the healing they are asking for, then something is wrong with their faith. Balance, are you saying that if that person doesn't receive, then they are likely not saved?

Just wondering, your post seemed kind of vague to me. But I'm slow at times too.:sorry:

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
. Balance, are you saying that if that person doesn't receive, then they are likely not saved?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Just wondering, your post seemed kind of vague to me. But I'm slow at times too.:sorry:

People do not receive their healing, for the very same reasons why people did not receive their healing from Jesus Himself.

Jesus has not changed.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you are convicted by the Holy Spirit and truly saved, then you will receive the promises of God.

The big difference in "if" is salvation because those who are truly saved will submit to God's commandments from the heart. The heart is the condition of "if".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
People do not receive their healing, for the very same reasons why people did not receive their healing from Jesus Himself.

Jesus has not changed.
Jesus (God) is Sovereign and yes, He never changed. ;)

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you two do not believe you are saved IF you believe?:confused:

Actually it takes God’s gift of faith before you are saved. Even demons “believe” and tremble. Not every person who believes Jesus is the Son of God is saved because they haven’t yet believed unto faith. But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul (Hebrews 10.39). But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe (Gal. 3.22).

Faith is given when we not only “believe” that God is but that He is also a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

~Jim

The Bible is so simple you have to have help to misunderstand it.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When one is not healed, Jesus decided, not based on our faith (merit). :wave:

Here we go again -

Since Jesus does not change - then please show me one person Jesus decided not to heal -

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here we go again -

Since Jesus does not change - then please show me one person Jesus decided not to heal -
Here we go again ...
LAZARUS
... John 11

~Jim
The Bible is so simple you have to have help to misunderstand it.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dearest Faithful Love -

Hope that explains further.

Psalm 103 is a good example:

Psalm 103:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Grace is the vehicle for it all. Grace places no conditions on a person, because Grace is unmerited favor - it cannot be earned or purchased.
ya know bro..

I so would like
to agree with ya.
and I know on some things we do

And I appreciate your realization that is it by grace..But..

It still then presumes that if riches and healings were a guarantee,then why dont all have perfect health and money.

it can only lead to the following presumption, (their fault,which is a graceless statement)

Thanks,pinesol..the true disinfectant,on sale ar walmart..:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi balance...:wave:

Let me make it easy on ya,,,,:thumbsup:;)

Simple question,,

A saint that is ill or poor for years ..

They have asked the Lord to heal and bless them ,they had hands layed on them,they believe,they have meditated in the word, and they are still ill or poor.

What is wrong??

by the way,the saint mentioned must represent a whole lot of people in our churches across the planet,and for the last 2000 years.

By the way,I was encouraged,and blessed by your testimony of healing after an auto accident, you gave about you. I believe it was your father also who was healed.

I to am a man of faith,and rejoice in Gods healings too.:thumbsup:

I was dramatically healed too,I was 21 on a motorcycle,crash,bang,broken back.

The doctors told my parents to go buy a wheelchair,but they did not have to thanks Jesus!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.