Non-dispensationalist
✟360,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I mostly post in the eschatology forum. Where I post a lot of timeline charts and illustrations that I make with Corel Paintshop Pro.

I recently made a chart for keras in concert with him, even though I disagree with most everything it shows.

This is the thread showing that chart...

k1 chart - open for discussion

What I think would benefit everyone who participates in that forum is to make their own chart (s).

But it is not that easy, starting from scratch, because there are no You Tube videos dedicated specifically to that process. There are plenty of You Tube videos on how to use Corel Paintshop Pro in general. But that is huge learning curve for anyone to undertake.

So therefore, I would like to suggest in the Interests part of the Christians forums site - is that a new forum be created called "Computer graphics forum"

Where I could open a thread and start discussing with my fellow eschatology forum posters how to use Corel PaintShop Pro to make charts and illustrations.

Of course that is just one use of computer graphics. Other threads could be started for other uses or inquiries or discusssion.

Last edited:

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a useful suggestion, and I would ask CF’s technical crew to improve the loading of SVG images while they are about it.

We are told that SVG is an allowable filetype on ChristianForums, but we have to jump through hoops in order for them to display in-line (inside a post)

Do you use CorelDraw Doug, or only PaintShop?

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is a useful suggestion, and I would ask CF’s technical crew to improve the loading of SVG images while they are about it.

We are told that SVG is an allowable filetype on ChristianForums, but we have to jump through hoops in order for them to display in-line (inside a post)

I am not familiar with CorelDraw, CG. Is that what you have ?

Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not familiar with CorelDraw, CG. Is that what you have ?
Paintshop is Corel’s photo program and Draw is their vector drawing program. They are both very good IMO - just as good as Adobe’s overpriced stuff.

I use CorelDraw and Inkscape most of the time. Inkscape’s native format is SVG, the future for internet graphics so they say.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

If I had a thread for drawing chart pictures, the first thing I would say is that there are only two file types a person needs to use. 1. PSPIIMAGE (which all of the elements are not glue together) 2. JPG JPEG (which all of the elements are glued together)

In your CorelDraw, you should be able to open the SVG image into it. Then click on the "save as" option. A dialogue screen should come up. Be sure to add a number or letter into the file name, or else it is going to write over your existing SVG image. So in otherwords rename it. Save as file type JPG. Done. Copy and past that file into your post at Christian forums.

When making chart pictures (I call them pictures because that is really what they are). Always save the chart picture as a PSPIIMAGE first. So you can you also have an unglued together version. Then save as a JPG file (be sure to change the name by adding a number or letter into the file name), which glues everything together, version.

In you pictures folder, or where-ever you keep your pictures, you will have two files with slightly different names, one a unglued together PSPIIMAGE file, and the other a glued together JPG file for copying and pasting into posts or where-ever. It is a very popular format.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Paintshop is Corel’s photo program and Draw is their vector drawing program. They are both very good IMO - just as good as Adobe’s overpriced stuff.

I use CorelDraw and Inkscape most of the time. Inkscape’s native format is SVG, the future for internet graphics so they say.
I actually don't draw solid lines (when I use them) using the pen tool for my charts. I sometimes do use the pen tool to draw a line - that is dotted or dashed.

Since I am so used to making boxes over and over - what I do is make a selection layer, using the rectangle option in the tool option for selection tool. Anywhere on the workspace. Then I use under the "Adjust" pulldown menu at the top, the "Hue, Saturation, lightness" choice.

A diagloe box comes up, and I just slide the selector for lightness all the way to the bottom - which turns the rectangle black.

Then I destretch the black rectangle to what looks like a line. Then I can stretch it to any length I want, move it in position where I want, and then erase any over length parts of it.

Then I can right click on the so-called line, choose duplicate and use it somewhere else on the chart. Rotate 90 degrees for a vertical line.

A big part of my method is making boxes, as layers, to manipulate. Make a box selection, colorize, or change the color, make it transparent, stretch or destretch the size of it, drag it into position.

Look at this chart, it is a lot of boxes. Make a box, then right click it - choose duplicate and you have another box to manipulate.

upload_2022-7-3_19-26-45.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0