Northwest US
✟675,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know it can be trying to deal with combative atheists, however we should remember, all they have is their own limited understanding of the material world. They are surrounded by the spirit of the the Lord, but they can't see it or feel it. They're blinded by their logic and myopic view of life, ironically their knowledge makes them ignorant. They will argue details to support their claim that there is no big picture. There is no God in their lives all they see is what hits them over the head. On the path to enlightenment, they are stuck at square one. Have compassion for them. It is a superficial life, that clings to the belief that if they can't understand it, it doesn't exist. The “proof” they demand keeps them from seeing the obvious. Pray for them, even when they are most combative. When they shout it is a sign they aren't sure and is really a sign of hope for them. Pray for them, be patient with them, show them your understanding by being kind, don't fight them; hopefully though our compassion their eyes will be opened.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
They're blinded by their logic and myopic view of life,

Do we fight with the blind man for being blind; or do we reach out to him, to lead him on his way.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do we fight with the blind man for being blind; or do we reach out to him, to lead him on his way.
A conventionally blind man knows that he is blind. :cool:

Upvote 0

DebbieJ

Jun 1, 2020
Italy
✟22,159.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
Atheism is just a belief that there is no supreme Creator like the one mentioned in the bible. However, they do believe in the paranormal, ghosts, big foot, chupacabra, lochness, UFO's, little green men from outer space, orbs, and whatnot.

Ref: Google, Bing, Yahoo

I'm not kidding.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
A conventionally blind man knows that he is blind.

He has an advantage. He doesn't have satanic influences telling him that vision doesn't exist.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They don't want our help.

They have knowingly / willingly chosen their path and to fight against The Lord and His Church.

I"m sure you're right about some of them, but not all of them. I was an atheist for over 30 years, until the the compassion of others opened my eyes. The Lord can redeem anyone, even the hard cases. If we can lead even one to the the joy of knowing God, it's worthy of our efforts.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I"m sure you're right about some of them, but not all of them. I was an atheist for over 30 years, until the the compassion of others opened my eyes. The Lord can redeem anyone, even the hard cases. If we can lead even one to the the joy of knowing God, it's worthy of our efforts.

Hallelu YAH!

I've seen several Atheists, just one day, "get it."

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't care what they do or don't do.

It's on them :

He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still;
he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still."
• Revelation 22:11

If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, LET HIM BE ACCUSED ....
• 1 Corinthians 16:22

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It's on them :

He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still."
• Revelation 22:11

If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, LET HIM BE ACCUSED ....
• 1 Corinthians 16:22

O.K. but where does that leave you? How do you interact with them. Shouldn't we show them the love and compassion our Lord would like us to. Does it do us any credit to discard and ignore them? What choice do we have but Love?

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Are we not YHWH's servants? Are we not to serve him that his will be done?

1 Timothy 2:4

Complete Jewish Bible

4 He wants all humanity to be delivered and come to full knowledge of the truth.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are we not YHWH's servants? Are we not to serve him that his will be done?

1 Timothy 2:4

Complete Jewish Bible

4 He wants all humanity to be delivered and come to full knowledge of the truth.

They are responsible for their own choices in life.

If they want to believe then they will.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Father let's us make choices even when we make mistakes; and he holds us all responsible....

...but don't you believe that our loving Father cares when we make those mistakes?

We should see the Father in his children.

Oh, I definitely want them to be saved.

It's their own choice though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They are responsible for their own choices in life.

If they want to believe then they will.

I agree with both these statements. However perhaps we can set an example that will help them want to believe, to open their hearts a bit. Then trust in the Lord to show Himself to them. I know it can be trying being the loving one, when others are being unkind to us and we will of course fail many times. However, in our hearts perhaps we should strive for the better road; we have been given much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DebbieJ

Jun 1, 2020
Italy
✟22,159.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
Hallelu YAH!

I've seen several Atheists, just one day, "get it."

There are several atheist forums in the internet and I signed up on one of the forums. I thought I was on the wrong website because folks there were talking about seeing ghosts and objects moving.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ. —Ephesians 4:11-12

It is helpful to remember the nature of our composition when addressing this subject and others like it. We are the Body of Christ. I like to imagine the Operation game when I hear those words. Each part has its function and dependency. But our position is not the result of self-selection. It’s His placement.

With that placement comes burdens, passions, and gifting. Some people are called to minister to the lost and do so with fervor and love. A person lacking the same equipping won’t broach the issue in the fashion he does. Its like telling a hand to be an eye. It can’t.

‘You’ don’t love atheists. It’s the spirit within you responding to its holy mission. That drives your compassion and provides the patience and understanding others lack.

And have mercy on those who doubt; save others by snatching them out of the fire; to others show mercy with fear, hating even the garment stained by the flesh. —Jude 1:22-23

Atheists must be snatched from the flames. Their awareness of God creates a different condition spiritually than those who’ve never heard the gospel. The best way to reach them is through love and prayer.

I’ve been in that camp. Debates and judgment do little to move the needle. Faith is a heart issue. You won’t gain anyone’s ear through unkindness or a lack of empathy.

The problem isn’t the atheist. Its the want to drive things home without understanding the process and probability there are many hands involved. The clearer you are on your position in the Body, the more effective you’ll be in your ministry.

~Bella

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God must have a special place in His Heart for Atheists—- He Saves them by the thousands......I was one of them .....His Grace is Miles beyond “ Amazing”.....
A Forum I used to participate in Was Chock - Full of Former Atheists......All we can do for them is Give them the Message Of The Gospel —— Only God can open their Hearts to Believe it......

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know it can be trying to deal with combative atheists, however we should remember, all they have is their own limited understanding of the material world. They are surrounded by the spirit of the the Lord, but they can't see it or feel it. They're blinded by their logic and myopic view of life, ironically their knowledge makes them ignorant. They will argue details to support their claim that there is no big picture. There is no God in their lives all they see is what hits them over the head. On the path to enlightenment, they are stuck at square one. Have compassion for them. It is a superficial life, that clings to the belief that if they can't understand it, it doesn't exist. The “proof” they demand keeps them from seeing the obvious. Pray for them, even when they are most combative. When they shout it is a sign they aren't sure and is really a sign of hope for them. Pray for them, be patient with them, show them your understanding by being kind, don't fight them; hopefully though our compassion their eyes will be opened.

Do you mean, never "call them out" on anything? Like................never? Never ever? :dontcare:

Upvote 0