✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i like this one, in particular.

(i admire and appreciate all of the art on this thread, but this stood out for me for some reason....it's peaceful to me.)

Glad you liked it.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
need an exterminator sm.png

I finished the woodland scene, but it lacked a focal point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 259894
A very young ximmix, done with airbrush...

Is that with a traditional air brush? That is great, but would take a lot of time.

As to favorite medium, I think we lost some of the conversation here, but I like digital, pencil and pen. For digital I usually use Corel Photopaint or Corel Painter. Lately I have been using Colors 3d on a Nintendo 3ds, just because it is simple, and compact.

I also enjoy some vector work in digital. As far as traditional painting I have used watercolor some, but not a lot.

Various members of my family enjoy oils, acrylic, watercolor, gouache, pencil, pen, marker, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟200,841.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Is that with a traditional air brush? That is great, but would take a lot of time.

As to favorite medium, I think we lost some of the conversation here, but I like digital, pencil and pen. For digital I usually use Corel Photopaint or Corel Painter. Lately I have been using Colors 3d on a Nintendo 3ds, just because it is simple, and compact.

I also enjoy some vector work in digital. As far as traditional painting I have used watercolor some, but not a lot.

Various members of my family enjoy oils, acrylic, watercolor, gouache, pencil, pen, marker, etc.

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, traditional airbrush, just a trial after I got the machinery. Here are a couple of other ones I did then:

iggy_1000px.jpg

einstein_1000px.jpg

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey I sketched this tree with ink and wash then went over it with watercolor. Its 12x16 on yupo. It's a fast way to work . I just used acrylic ink and pans of watercolor. Since its on yupo the colors can be easily wiped off and corrected while not disturbing the permanent ink drawing. The drawing can however be modified with rubbing alcohol. I recently learned this is how Andrew Wyeth worked in tempera on panel (tempera over ink) from an old interview in American Artist Magazine.

thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail (1)color.jpg

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey I sketched this tree with ink and wash then went over it with watercolor. Its 12x16 on yupo. It's a fast way to work . I just used acrylic ink and pans of watercolor. Since its on yupo the colors can be easily wiped off and corrected while not disturbing the permanent ink drawing. The drawing can however be modified with rubbing alcohol. I recently learned this is how Andrew Wyeth worked in tempera on panel (tempera over ink) from an old interview in American Artist Magazine.

I like the look of that! I generally enjoy line and wash anyway with watercolor. However, on yupo it seems like a great solution. The problem I always have with yupo is the difficulty in getting definition. Its re-workability is great, but it is hard to firm things up.

Now my big question is what type of ink/pen are you using for the "permanent" (yet correctable, very handy!) drawing?

If it is acrylic inks, what brand, etc. and what do you need for it to be permanent? Do you use a dip pen? Or do you use a water brush with ink? Or do you use a fountain style?

Does the ink remain very precise as it would on paper?

My daughter tried a line and wash on yupo but used incorrect ink and it just smudged.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like the look of that! I generally enjoy line and wash anyway with watercolor. However, on yupo it seems like a great solution. The problem I always have with yupo is the difficulty in getting definition. Its re-workability is great, but it is hard to firm things up.

Now my big question is what type of ink/pen are you using for the "permanent" (yet correctable, very handy!) drawing?

If it is acrylic inks, what brand, etc. and what do you need for it to be permanent? Do you use a dip pen? Or do you use a water brush with ink? Or do you use a fountain style?

Does the ink remain very precise as it would on paper?

My daughter tried a line and wash on yupo but used incorrect ink and it just smudged.
Thanks. The ink is just liquitex acrylic ink and I put it in a small dish and a few drops of water. To apply I use small pant brushes. ( A fine point rigger type brush for detail, a flat and a small round. You can dip the brush in water first before picking up ink for wetter washes. Rubbing alcohol will lift up the ink off the yupo, so works like an eraser. Rubbing alcohol also works on prismacolor markers and even sharpies to a degree, but they can leave small stains. Your daughter may have been using too much water. I think the trick is using just the right amount. With the liquitex you dont even need water, but the less water, the darker the mark. I can get a full value range with just the black ink if diluted (like in the thumb nail b&w)

Upvote 0