Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the second in a series of art challenges. The purpose is to get people practicing their art. You don't have to do them in order, they are just prompts.

For the second challenge submit a painting or drawing of a vehicle, in any medium. See what you come up with! Multiple submissions are fine. This is not a contest, just a fun activity.

Edit: The goal is to encourage people to do art, but you can also post previous pieces if they fit the theme. That way we can see more art!

Here is a link to the first community art challenge:

Community art challenge #1--pathway

Last edited:

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
trainfinal.jpg

roadworkcorrected.jpg
selfservie(5) (1).jpg

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow you are quick!

The main point is to get people drawing, but it is fine to post past work. Tell us more about these.
Sorry I didn't realize. I was on a quick break at work and just threw them up. These are just Acrylic on canvas 11x14 and 12x16. The train were were told on the ride is the second oldest of its kind in the USA running near Lancaster PA (Amish Country.) Sorry about that.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry I didn't realize. I was on a quick break at work and just threw them up. These are just Acrylic on canvas 11x14 and 12x16. The train were were told on the ride is the second oldest of its kind in the USA running near Lancaster PA (Amish Country.) Sorry about that.

No, that is fine, They are fantastic. I love the tiling effect of the bricks by the train track.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chris V++
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I had a lot of the problems I usually do with such projects, but I am pretty happy with how it came out. It took quite a while though!

Video:

Colors! Live - Well Used by tall73

View attachment 261897
This is drawn very well and the texture in the faded rusted metal is perfect.
The construction one in particular the values and tones are all just spot on. I always over saturate my tones, making them brighter, etc. But that looks very realistic. It is almost like waiting in traffic.
Thank you! It was painted in semi transparent thin layers over a grey toned canvas which helps control saturation.

I've also tried mixing grey into every color mixture to start which works even better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you! It was painted in semi transparent thin layers over a grey toned canvas which helps control saturation.

I've also tried mixing grey into every color mixture to start which works even better.

Does that vary depending on whether it is outdoors or not? And do you mix more blue in?

I just cheated on this one. I desaturated afterwards in Corel Photopaint!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums