Communion experience

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I can feel a calm and peace cover me sometimes when I receive communion. It's those times I feel the presence of Jesus--literally feel as opposed to just knowing it's the Body and Blood of Christ.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What stays in mind every time i receive is that the Eucharist is LITERALLY His heart. And we must take great care of His heart...
And His precious Blood.

It makes me more conscious of my sins knowing I am receiving HIS Heart. It makes me focus on the reality of my receiving.

And sometimes the feeling may transcend a particular peace ...

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is only a psychological question:
When you go to Communion do you feel/experience that the Bread (and maybe Wine if you'e Novus Ordo or Eastern Catholic) you eat/drink is/are Divine Silence?

Just praying in front of the Tabernacle which holds the Body and Blood of Christ is enough. I find that when I am in prayer in Church and I am focused on God and what His will is for me that my silence leads to Peace and Joy and I feel uplifted. It is a wonderful experience and sometimes I close my eyes and drift away.

As to receiving the Eucharist under my roof, I am very respectful and feel that I should be very aware that what I am doing is receiving Jesus, the Lamb of God. I often leave His Body in my mouth resting at the roof of it and kneel and meditate on God and His Church. I also always make sure all of His Body has been swallowed.

But, as mentioned, you need not feel anything because it is the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums