✟15,836.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi

I started a thread about how several commonly-used birth control products (all types of the pill, all types of IUDs, all types of morning-after-pills or “emergency contraception”, mini-pills, patches, rings, implants, injections and some others) often work after conception has taken place, thereby killing a newly conceived human being. This death, for the average woman happens at least once a year. All types of hormonal, chemical and metal-based birth control often work this way. As do hysterectomies, female sterilization and Hormone Replacement Therapy. All of these are very harmful to a woman's health.

There is info on health risks (but which occur less frequently than the health risks of the above-mentioned birth control) of non-abortion causing birth control.

A note about condoms and STDs. All professional health organizations say that male and female condoms are less than 100% effective against STDs, including against fatal ones, even when used consistently and correctly. Most also say that when (male) condoms are used consistently and correctly, in the course of one year 2 out of 100 women using them will get pregnant; but user error decreases this effectiveness, reading the instructions is essential. Some STDs (e.g. HPV which can cause many serious and fatal diseases like some cancers) are also transmitted by the skin to skin contact of areas not covered by male and female condoms. However, condoms do cover some of the other areas that have the potential to spread HPV and other STDs. And user error decreases condoms' effectiveness, reading the instructions is essential. For both the male and female condom, problems include the condom slipping off or breaking, or the condom may have been mishandled by the user or the store, or there might have been a manufacturer error. And, apart from abstinence, condoms are the only type of birth control that offers any protection against STDs. They must be used always and used always correctly. At least one organization of doctors as well as some individual doctors say that condoms are much (they emphasize the 'much') less than 100% effective against STDs.

All STDs can turn into fatal illnesses and complications from STDs are one of the leading causes of death in our societies. A significant proportion of the members of Western societies have STDs. If one is sexually active, it is important to get examined by a doctor regularly (yearly or more often) and before and after each different sexual partner. And insist your partner do the same. Vaccines are available for some STDs, although some people worry about the safety of HPV vaccines (I have not had time to do research on this). Also, keep an eye out for symptoms or consequences of STDs. STDs are sneaky and can be transmitted even when no symptoms are present and they are transmittable through only a single act (including oral acts). And serious damage can start to the body even if there are no noticeable symptoms. You must remember that if you pass on an STD, it can pass from your partner to another, who passes it on to another, and so on. Therefore, something you did will continue to seriously harm and possibly kill other people down the line; people who have hopes for the future, things they enjoy doing, fears, etc.

I wasn't sure where to put this so I am providing this as a link to the "'Ethics & Morality" forum at Commonly-used birth control that kills after conception. I can provide medical and professional sources for this info.

Thanks

Michael

Last edited:

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Once again.
As do hysterectomies, female sterilization and Hormone Replacement Therapy. All of these are very harmful to a woman's health.
Are you a gynecologist? Because if you are not, imo, you should mind your own business when it comes to instructing people on subject that I have quoted.
Women go through enough problems without ignorant men trying to make them feel guilty.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I started a thread about how several commonly-used birth control products (all types of the pill, all types of IUDs, all types of morning-after-pills or “emergency contraception”, mini-pills, patches, rings, implants, injections and some others) often work after conception has taken place, thereby killing a newly conceived human being.

You are offering to adopt in any and all unplanned pregnancy cases?
Awesome! What is your phone number?

Upvote 0

Michael77

Aug 10, 2017
montreal
✟15,836.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
50% of all fertilized human eggs fail to implant in the uterus. By the OP's understanding then, nature lets 50% of all humans die because the woman's body denied them the womb.
Hi

I don't think that a person should take measures to prevent implantation.

Michael

Upvote 0

Michael77

Aug 10, 2017
montreal
✟15,836.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Once again.

Are you a gynecologist? Because if you are not, imo, you should mind your own business when it comes to instructing people on subject that I have quoted.
Women go through enough problems without ignorant men trying to make them feel guilty.

Hi

I am sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention. No, I am not a gynaecologist, but I have done a great deal of research on these topics. In talking to people about these issues, I have discovered that people want to know this info, including on the specific point you cited.

All the best.

Michael

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi

I am sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention. No, I am not a gynaecologist, but I have done a great deal of research on these topics. In talking to people about these issues, I have discovered that people want to know this info, including on the specific point you cited.

All the best.

Michael
This is not about offense, it is about giving advise that you are not qualified to give, which can seriously injure women. Women have doctors who tell them the facts of their condition. They don't need unqualified people giving them partial information in some attempt to make them doubt their doctor's advise and cause them to think that they may be sinning. :mad:
If you think doctors preform or women get hysterectomies for birth control purposes that tells me just how little actual research you have done. Neither would a doctor perform a hysterectomy without doing a pregnancy test before hand.

Upvote 0

Michael77

Aug 10, 2017
montreal
✟15,836.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi

For those of you who read the original post and might not notice this any other way, I updated the paragraph on condoms and STDs:

A note about condoms and STDs. All professional health organizations say that male and female condoms are less than 100% effective against STDs, including against fatal ones, even when used consistently and correctly. Most also say that when (male) condoms are used consistently and correctly, in the course of one year 2 out of 100 women using them will get pregnant; but user error decreases this effectiveness, reading the instructions is essential. Some STDs (e.g. HPV which can cause many serious and fatal diseases like some cancers) are also transmitted by the skin to skin contact of areas not covered by male and female condoms. However, condoms do cover some of the other areas that have the potential to spread HPV and other STDs. And user error decreases condoms' effectiveness, reading the instructions is essential. For both the male and female condom, problems include the condom slipping off or breaking, or the condom may have been mishandled by the user or the store, or there might have been a manufacturer error. And, apart from abstinence, condoms are the only type of birth control that offers any protection against STDs. They must be used always and used always correctly. At least one organization of doctors as well as some individual doctors say that condoms are much (they emphasize the 'much') less than 100% effective against STDs.

All STDs can turn into fatal illnesses and complications from STDs are one of the leading causes of death in our societies. A significant proportion of the members of Western societies have STDs. If one is sexually active, it is important to get examined by a doctor regularly (yearly or more often) and before and after each different sexual partner. And insist your partner do the same. Vaccines are available for some STDs, although some people worry about the safety of HPV vaccines (I have not had time to do research on this). Also, keep an eye out for symptoms or consequences of STDs. STDs are sneaky and can be transmitted even when no symptoms are present and they are transmittable through only a single act (including oral acts). And serious damage can start to the body even if there are no noticeable symptoms. You must remember that if you pass on an STD, it can pass from your partner to another, who passes it on to another, and so on. Therefore, something you did will continue to seriously harm and possibly kill other people down the line; people who have hopes for the future, things they enjoy doing, fears, etc.

Mike

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I responded on the other thread. However, as someone that actually knows the methods of action behind common forms of birth control (including pills like Plan B and Ella), I can tell you that you're 100% wrong about them being abortifacient.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums